2014 Evo 2T Spring Rates

bigbird2

I have a 2014 Evo 200 on order :D

The parts manual on line doesn’t say what the STOCK spring rates are for this bike.

So my questions are:

1 - What are the stock original shock and fork spring rates for this bike?

Beta has accessory springs available for this bike with the lowest rated shock spring being 8.0 for 175-200 lbs and the lowest rated fork spring being .88 for 180-210 lbs

2 - Are the lowest rated accessory springs you have for this bike the SAME as what comes stock?

3 - OR are they the next stiffer size above stock?

My reason for asking is that I'm a little over 200 with gear on and wondered if the stock springs will be stiff enough? It seems that if #2 above is correct? They may be BUT if #3 is correct they probably won't be.

Thanks for any help

Mostly just ready for new. The 2011 came with a Mikuni carb but I swapped that out for a Keihin and that was a lot better. The 200 is geared slightly lower than the 250\300 so I use 2nd gear 95% of the time. 2nd is like a 1.5 on the bigger bikes - the 200 will pull it easily and spin up nicely for something larger when needed without having to shift.

Consider 25% race gas with 75% premium if you are doing any bigger stuff or longer hills.

I also have a 2012-250 also but mostly keep that for riding at Sipapu, NM (shout out to NMTA) or in Muenster, TX they have big hills and long loops on sandy terrain so a little extra oomph is nice to have in those conditions.

As long as you are going through the accessory aisle, consider the Flexible Air Screw Adjuster http://shop.american...-adjuster?pp=12

It mounts up nicely with a 3/8" clamp (Home Depot\Lowes), triimming off the edges of the tab for it to fit the mold of the case. Makes it easy to adjust on the fly as the day warms up and \ or the air filter starts getting dirty. The k-carb is pretty sensitive so a little bit goes a long way.

Carbie.JPG

Edited by rokhopr

Thanks for the good advice :>)

You are the perfect person to ask about the comparison of "ease of kick starting" of a 200 Evo with 11.8:1 Compression Ratio (CR) vs a 250 with 8.9:1 CR?

I VERY briefly had a 2007 Rev 3 270 which I sold to get the new 200 Evo. One of the key reasons was to hopefully get easier kick starting because I'm OLD and whimpy :<( I hadn't realized until very recently that the 200 has a MUCH higher CR than the 250 and am now wondering IF that higher CR is going to negate the benefit of the smaller motor?

Thanks for your help.

200 is much easier to start and no special technique needed. For harder to start bikes one technique to save energy and start easier is to, while in gear, rock the bike backwards a little until it stops which puts the piston at TDC then kick - easy peasy. Overall at the end of the day the 200 is less wear and tear on the body. Less power facilitates better technique. Win-Win. I'd rather spend my time\energy on getting better than trying to hold back a bike that has too much power. NP - anytime - PM me as needed.

• Like 1