Fitting 4Rt Future Fuel Pump Holder

stkman

Hi All,

Have my tank apart in preparation of fitting the new Future fuel pump holder. Bit of rust and dirt in the old one so is about time.

How have others attached the fuel pump in lieu of the original bracket? I see there are two screw in tangs (for want of a better word) ... perhaps these can be used with ties of some sort?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by stkman

Hi Andrew, you use a jubilee clip to hold the fuel pump on, in between the two alloy pins. You may find that the rubber gasket doesn't fit properly (future quality parts!) so you will have to trim a couple of the little tabs off. I'll get some pics on here today sometime. Andy

Did you weigh each assembly before and after. The quoted saving is quiet good for relatively reasonable money when last I looked. I did think about having 1 machined myself but was unsure of pump fitting, hose fitting and cable sealing etc.

Was going to look at possibly increasing fuel capacity around the pump to make up for loss with flat tank.

Did you weigh each assembly before and after. The quoted saving is quiet good for relatively reasonable money when last I looked. I did think about having 1 machined myself but was unsure of pump fitting, hose fitting and cable sealing etc.

Was going to look at possibly increasing fuel capacity around the pump to make up for loss with flat tank.

I weighed mine and it saves 383 grams

And I made an aluminium fuel pump holder kind of like the original steel pump holder...

Edited by guys

I used a stainless steel hose clamp (jubilee clip). Worked perfectly. And yes, did notice the holes for the rubber boot tabs didn't line up ... I made a template using the original pump holder and redrilled the Future item.

Reassembled and started after 5 kicks. Perfect.

Thanks everyone for your comments and photos.

Andrew

Edited by stkman
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...