Ty250 Frame Question

zacmul

Hi all,

The other day we went and picked up a Ty that my Dad had bought off a guy on eBay for a new project.

The bike isn't in the best condition but it has a really strong engine with no rattles.

And the bash plate has barely any scratches showing that it has had very little use too.

But once we got it home we noticed that the front down-tubes on the frame were bent.

He has three other 250's (an "A",a "B", and an "E") and none of them have bent tubes.

There are no signs of dents on the tubes or any damage at all really.

So I was just wondering if anybody has seen this before. Could it be factory? Or is it just damaged?

Cheers,

Zac

P.S, Sorry for the bad photos.

IMG_20131203_2030541_zpsc07969be.jpg

IMG_20131203_2027301_zps0c3178c1.jpg

Standard TY250 twinshock frames have straight front downtubes. That one has either had an accident, or someone has deliberately bent those tubes to change the steering head angle. Have a look with the tank off and see if the top tube is bent too. I've seen a few with the top tube bent from a frontal impact

maybe because the TY fork tubes were bent in a frontal impact????

It also came with the TY front end too just missing the wheel spacer, not sure if it is original to the bike though.

It could have been crashed, I will have a better look tomorrow.

Cheers.