Nicely Done Tl125 In Britain - Anybody Seen It?

hotshoe63

I have recently acquired a '75 TL125. I've been perusing the net to see what people had done to them. I ran across this one that is somewhere in Britain. I believe it is an "S" model. Any information on the build of this bike would be appreciated.

Thanks!

post-18652-0-94343000-1386648687_thumb.jpg

post-18652-0-32119800-1386648713_thumb.jpg

Edited by hotshoe63

that does look nice, wonder if that's a modified TLR tank / seat, would be interesting to know.

Just wondered Maxbikes, how the gearing on the CG engine works for trials, I have an engine that I intend to rebuild one day as my TL has the cam shaft rattle but wasn't sure if the gearing would be too far spaced.

TLTEL

the gearing on cg engine, the tl 125 you look at section think what gear to use 1st gear will be used 99% of time.the cg engine runs smoother at low revs and pulls from nothing.i big bored cg many years ago cost me a fortune to do but made a great bike with a miller frame.

• 4 weeks later...

How did you spend a fortune big boring a CG? I fitted a Chinese CG150 piston and barrel which cost about £56 from "Riders" in Yeovil. I've been using the motor for Trials for a couple of years now without any significant problems and it's great, despite having to move my 18 stone lardy a***!

that does look nice, wonder if that's a modified TLR tank / seat, would be interesting to know.

Just wondered Maxbikes, how the gearing on the CG engine works for trials, I have an engine that I intend to rebuild one day as my TL has the cam shaft rattle but wasn't sure if the gearing would be too far spaced.

TLTEL

I saw the bike 2 weeks ago it now lives on the edge of Exmoor looks lovely in the flesh but has the wrong carb on it and doesn't run quite right at the moment,i will find out what tank unit it is when I see the bloke probably this weekend, as for the cg gearing the tl's 1st 2nd and 3rd gears are close together for trials 4th and 5th are road gears would have thought cg gears were to high and to far spaced I had a tl years ago and if my memory is right I ran 10t 52t sprockets and only needed 1st gear in real tight sections as it was so low geared

• 5 months later...

" modifications to fit the cg engine on the TL ?..."

>> + "plug and play"

just replace the triangular head mounting plates by cg ones, or similar:

cg10.jpg

depending on the carb you use (cg (?)), the air intake rubber can be a bit short

Edited by rs200

• 6 months later...