Very Low Pressure Tire Gauge?

bigbird2

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good tire gauge for accurate measurements in the 1 to 5 PSI range?

I've been using Big Master 0-15 dial type which are OK but sometimes seem to stick (not move off zero) if trying to measure pressures in the 1 to 2 PSI range.

Well Its sort of complicated BUT on a couple of my bikes I use a product called Tubliss http://www.nuetech.com/ which effectively creates a 360 degree rim lock which allows very low pressures AND IF one uses tires with VERY stiff sidewalls (on my enduro bike I use desert racing tires) on can/must run pressures from 0 to 3 PSI to get good traction and NO worry about flats (because they will run ok even with no air pressure)

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good tire gauge for accurate measurements in the 1 to 5 PSI range?

I've been using Big Master 0-15 dial type which are OK but sometimes seem to stick (not move off zero) if trying to measure pressures in the 1 to 2 PSI range.

You're kidding, right?

Hi guys 4 of my friends have at least 12 of these in their pre 65 and twin shock bikes between them and they all rate them very highly.Im in the process of building another Greeeves for next years Sammy Miller series and going to use one because the tubliss system works ,ive seem them ride with totally flat tyres and the tyre remains on the rim because of the inner clamping tube. I have fitted two of these on pre-65s and it makes life easy ,if you have a puncture you use a dog turd as you would on a tubless tyre. also you can fit a tube or tubless tyre on your wheel it makes no difference.

best regards Anvil

• Like 2

I'm using low - 1.0 - 2.0 psi in the new Golden Tyre I'm running. (see Golden Tyre thread). The 0 - 15 gauge I'm using works okay, but I dug out an older gauge - same make - and it shows 2.5 psi when the newer one has 2 PSI on the dial. So prob not that accurate, but relative. It all stems from the stiff sidewall the new tyre has. Grips good too. Tubliss system looks interesting.

Not being funny......at such a low pressure, why would you even bother putting air in? I run 4 psi in my back and this can vary by 1 psi between a cool morning and a hot midday.

Now being funny:).......at least if you get a flat, you could just blow into the valve and you are all done :)

• Like 1