Gary Bingley For O/50 Award At 2014 Ssdt

wobbler

Having had his entry into the Ballot for the 2014 SSDT confirmed - Gary "Bingo" Bingley is to make a welcome return to the sport with his main aim being winning th ssdt 2014 over 50 award (as he's 50 in February).

This will all be for charity -and he is starting his new fitness regime this weekend with some altitude training in the alps.

Please give him all the encouragement we can and watch out for more details - He'll hopefully be back on a bike at the Cumberland Clubs New Years Day Trial.

Thanks for now.

The Wobbler

Gary Bingo's PR GURU

Edited by wobbler

Apologies for this post....it is not true as the Ssdt ballot has not been made.

Mr Wobbler is incorrect in his facts..... Gary Bingley has posted an entry which has been confirmed as one of the several who are hopeful of a confirmation via the ballot later in December . Apologies .

As a previous SSDT competitor I fully respect the ballot process.

Best regards

GB

There are 'menace' publishers operating on the internet....''Wobbler' could be one?

As this is my first venture into the world of PR - I have now corrected our statement........

If Bingo does in fact get in then we will be pushing forward with some great ideas for a memorable week in the Highlands - with a lot of Northern Centre regulars already on board to help out.

The fact that Gary will be 50 makes this no mean feat - he seems to think he can turn the clock back to being a Sandiford B Class schoolboy in no time !!!!!

Oh and Bingo you're in trouble if Steve Saunders rides !!!! - He'll just whip you again - & I bet he doesn't look as knackered at the end of the day.........

I'll keep you updated once the ballot is confirmed - we're already building his facebook page and thinking about him doing some training videos on U Tube ....

Any advice or help would be much appreciated ....... A number near Dougie and a few of the good lads would be great as at least we could watch some quality riders whilst waiting for the "Warhorse" !!!

And thanks for the kind comment Mick ....Hope you'll be joining in helping him along......

Yours on behalf of

Gary " Bingo" Bingley (I have a signed PR contract even though he might have been intoxicated)

The Wobbler !!!!!

Edited by wobbler

We are also looking for some photo's to build up his portfolio - anything from Schoolboy days on wards would be a massive help - so if you have any please pin them up and confirm if we are OK to use them .....

Thanks again

The Wobbler

PR man for "Team Bingo 2014"........

ISHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hl:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrinsanta:

• 2 weeks later...

You are both right -He survived the trial althought the true SSDT style weather nearly killed us all...........We then adjurned to the pub....His comeback is still on track and we are just hoping that his is the first name out of the ballot ................

then all of his sponsors , friends & co competitors can really up their support !!!!!

Bring on May- I've booked my holidays.

Stevie -hope to catch you at trial up your way soon - keep me informed.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

All I can do is apologise for this stupid forum posting.......I made a genuine attempt to get a ride in the 2014 ssdt....... The jokes and bad humour have done nothing to help my chances in the ballot stage. I can only apologise for the actions of others which was out of my control.

I did not ask for this posting subject and am embarrassed about the whole thing.....for once I wish TC editorial had pulled it in the first instance.

Apologies

Gary b

Although all "tongue in cheek" there was definitely no malice attached to any of these posts............I apologise to any one who we offended .....If he'd got an entry I would have made only my 3rd trip to the SSDT - the other two being one occasion riding in the 90's and one watching Bing.........

I hope all the riders have a great week and some one deserving wins the over 50's award !!!! - I for one know it would be too much for me and I'm not quite 50 yet (contrary to popular belief).......

Cheers and good luck to you all in the SSDT 2014

as always

The Wobbler

• Like 1

All I can do is apologise for this stupid forum posting.......I made a genuine attempt to get a ride in the 2014 ssdt....... The jokes and bad humour have done nothing to help my chances in the ballot stage. I can only apologise for the actions of others which was out of my control.

I did not ask for this posting subject and am embarrassed about the whole thing.....for once I wish TC editorial had pulled it in the first instance.

Apologies

Gary b

Don't be daft Gary - apart from the fact that I don't think anyone that carries out the ballot is on TC, it genuinely is names out of a hat for the available places. Nothing said here would have any impact on that so neither you nor Wobbler need stress about it. I'm not involved any more, but i know that the ballot was done the same way it's always been done.

I know everyone likes to be sceptical about the ballot, but believe me, it takes an entire day to print and cut up all the papers then record each name as its drawn. If anyone had the time to assess folk based on their competency, their awards, their personality, their friends, their enemies and their TC posts, then they'd deserve an award themselves!

Long story short, don't stress, nothing here has impacted the ballot, and go get your name on the reserve list! :)

• Like 1