669 Nho

triple_x

Yes, its privately owned and has been for about 15 years.

This one has the original matching frame and engine numbers, and I've even seen the log book.

Think there would have been more than one development Bultaco in Sammys hands at any one time, this one is probably identical to the one in the museum, no doubt would have had bits swapped between them....just happens to be the bike that was registered,

I think you have the answer.

Riding at that level it must be common place to have two virtually identical bikes.

I even heard of works riders taking Reynolds tube over to Spain to get a light weight frame made.

One of my old mates bought EAA66D (i think) from S M and it was a totally different spec and feel to the standard bike.

Interesting isnt it!

Martin

Edited by triple_x

Photographs of the original Bultaco Sherpa T (registered as 669NHO in November '64)can be seen in Don Morley's, Spanish Trials Bikes. Pages 23 to 25.

Sammy was given two bikes as part of his contract with the Bultaco factory in 1964 according to Maurizio Gaudenzi's, Bultaco Sherpa T Guia del Collectionista/buyers guide.

I am pretty certain that the bike in the Sammy's museum is not the 2nd bike but possibly some other development bike......