Montesa Cota 349 Footpegs

srap

Am looking to fit my 1982 Montesa Cota 349 Mk 4 with some modern style wide footrests/footpegs. Can anyone recommend some footpegs with springs that will fit straight on to the bike with no mods required to the brackets?

Many thanks.

Hi, I persevered for 9 months slipping and sliding off the worn out, angled down foot rests on my MH 349. Everyone suggested lowering the pegs for that modern bike feel; I bit the bullet and bought stock foot rests with brackets from 'In Motion' about £25 and made some 1/4" thick plates to reposition them. A good mate cut off the old, then welded them on for me (not a five minute job). Now they are approx 1" lower and maybe 1/4" back (can send photos if required) and the proof is in the riding some say ?

First ride out, wow ! what difference ! I got to section 5 clean (couldn't believe it) when I attempted to negotiate the sections tight turn while balancing, I went for a dab. Ever had that sinking feeling when your foot is stuck to the foot rest, it wont come off and you're toppling over; yes, it was a 'five' but worse was the dislocated collarbone when I landed on my shoulder.

Moral of the story "be careful what you wish for" it's been 4 months since I last rode but hopefully back in the saddle at Xmas.

All the best, Ian.

• Like 1

I'm using S3 footrests on my 349, they are adjustable with washers so I have them as far back and down as poss.

Still not as far as my Beta but I'm happy, I don't really want both bikes to ride the same, that's why I ride a twinshock sometimes.

s3rests_zps67974b12.jpg

Apologies for the Phonepic!

Hi gbmoto

Thanks for your reply to my query about footpegs for my Montesa Cota 349 Mk 4. I like the look of the S3 pegs you showed in your photo and I just wanted to make sure that you hadn't had to alter the brackets to take these pegs. I don't want to have to cut and weld and it looks as though the S3 that you use fit straight on to the original Montesa brackets.

post-16890-0-83229700-1387037982_thumb.jpg

Hi, a word of warning if wanting to lower the pegs on early 349's. The rear brake pedal is 'outboard' and will foul on the bottom of the footrest bracket. Being a chump I've done this and now face the dilema of taking the brackets off and replacing in a different position or file (neatly) a small 'V' in the brake pedal to get the correct pedal height, which may weaken the pedal. At least I checked before having the frame powder coated.

Andrew