Mh349 Age Certificate?

ivor

i need to register with the DVLA and get a day time MOT for my MH349, but to start the process i need to know its age. Does anyone know where i can find out, and more importantly get an age certificate?

Frame # MH349-00291 Engine # 51H00291

Ta

Keep posting your progress on the DVLA side as I intended to register mine for the 1st time after completing it. I've heard that it can be tricky now with the local licensing offices closing down. May be different in Scotland though.

Andrew

Hi Ivor

As you probably know the MH signifies the connection between Montesa and Honda for1982 when they brought out the 349 model and with a low Serial number like 291 it's going to be in the first few months of production.

Good luck with getting it registered.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks prosport Dave i guessed it might be an early one with such a low number. i have dropped an email to Sandiford's making the enquiry.

Andrew,

i will keep you updated on the progress with it, but as luck would have it there is a DVLA office just 30 miles away in Aberdeen. A few little jobs to do before the MOT, but its generally quite tidy. Biggest jobs are fork seals and a dragging clutch, but suspect the clutch may be down to wrong oil knowing the guy i bought it from :-) . He did me a favour and powder coated the frame, new shocks and mudguards, but sold it to me for £300 as he couldnt start it after reassembly. took 20 minutes to find the lose HT lead - he was a bit miffed.

Sounds a cracking buy. I bought mine for the fun of the rebuild (how wrong you can be) and to ride some twin shock trials. maybe go to work on it if the suns shining. Its currently in boxes waiting for me to get round to building it. Not without problems though (see the thread on footpegs).

All the best

Andrew

• Like 1

there might be an office in Aberdeen tomorrow a pound to a penny it wont be there in a fortnight.. as well as the dating cert you ll need a NOVA 1 from HMRC ( re import taxes at point of import).. enjoy!

ho ho ho as a point of interest i looked up if / when aberdeen might close.. it CLOSED in October.. sorry.. and all other office will have closed by.. last friday.

Edited by totalshell
  • Like 1

thanks totalshell - i had no idea. no danger oif me nipping to Swansea anytime soon :-(

NOVA 1? - nothing like a bit of red tape to liven up a project. Not sure the bloke in the pub i bought it from can provide such a thing :-)