Split Link Clip

sherco34

I own a sherco 125 2012 model and when i roll the bike backwards, the chain links catch on the frame near the footpeg, this is very annoying as it keeps on pushing the split link clip off and this could lead to some serious damage!, any ideas?

All help is much appreciated, thanks.

Funny...the chain on my son's 125 hit the frame, too.

I thought it was bent.

I put a big ol' crescent wrench and a breaker bar (old fork tube) on it and bent it out away from the chain.

I can't imagine that it is good for the chain or the frame to have them hitting each other. And heck, why fix a problem with an elegant solution when you can simply use a bigger hammer or cheater bar! :wall:

Are you saying that there's an elegant solution for moving the bottom of the frame away from the chain?

Angle grinder?

Cutting torch?

Maybe I should have worn a double-bresated pinstripe suit while doing it.

Now THAT'S elegant!

AND...I take exception to the phrase "cheater bar".

I prefer "fine tuning appliance".

Edited by charlie chitlins

I guess my bizarre sense of humor did not communicate well.

It depends on what you are bending. If it is a frame rail, I agree, If it is a footpeg bracket or something like that I would try to gain more clearance without affecting the geometry of the bike. I wonder what might happen to the frame over time if the chain keeps hitting it. Would it wear away the frame, weakening it?

To Charlie - Pinstripe is OK, tux would be better. And remember "pinkies up." :madnoel: