Tank Covers

slack

Hi everyone

I was wondering weather anyone knows if you can still buy the vinyl tank covers for the ty mono.I was just going to put new stickers on but everyone says they will just bubble and peel as the vapors see through the plastic tanks.Thanks

Can't comment on covers, but if you do search for ty decals on this forum you will find contact details for a firm in Scotland who will make you perforated decals for the ty which do not peel or bubble. Mine have been on for a year now and are perfect. They are thicker than the original sand are perforated but a good alternative.

Here is a copy of a useful post,

Top quality tank stickers for the Pinky Yams are finally ready at a company called MXM!!

There have been various delays along the way. Unfortunately the original bloke I was dealing with, Frank Thornton, retired, setting the whole process back another few months! I only stuck with them because I know that they are top quality and actually stay on the tanks for years - I've used several over the years for old motocross bikes.

The only differences from stock are that the silver is actually a pale silver/grey and they have perforated mine with small holes so they don't bubble (this is optional). They are also significantly thicker.

I supplied a pattern of the sides and top of the tank so that the stickers can cover up a fair bit of the tank if yours is looking scruffy, or they can be cut to the same size as the original stickers. The ones that cover up a lot of the tank are the TY original design but surrounded by bright white to the shape of the tank

Their number is 0191 2860744.

I don't know the cost as they supplied mine at cost price as a thank you for making the templates etc.

Alan

Edited by Roester, 20 November 2009 - 01:27 PM.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys I new about mxm but I was told they still bubble and peel.This is down to the grade of fuel these days been better.Years ago when I

last bought these stickers you got a foil backing to stop the vapors seeping through but you cant buy that any more apparantley.I will contact mxm tomorrow and ask some questions.Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I was wondering weather anyone knows if you can still buy the vinyl tank covers for the ty mono.I was just going to put new stickers on but everyone says they will just bubble and peel as the vapors see through the plastic tanks.Thanks

If i have a pattern,i can make you one ore more.

Cheers:Mike

Hi there,I remember having a tank cover for my steel tank TY250S back in the 80's. These were made by Damon Cockroft, who used to ride in local trials himself,his business was called DLC I think and they made seat covers as well. I have googled his name and a company called Motorcycle Seatworks in Bradford comes up (01274 604672),maybe you could give them a ring. I am not 100% sure of all these facts but if anyof it helps,Cheers