Hopeful?

jordi

If its an Aprillia watercooled bike its a fiddle machine which shouldn't be allowed under normal circumstances?

Normal circumstances ?? I've lost track of what they are these days

I think conversations go along the lines of " I want to ride twinshock trials, so I'm going to buy an air-cooled mono and stick 2 shocks on it, or I'm going to buy a twinshock and then modify it to such an extent that it bears no resemblance to the bike it started out as". Because, " I need a highly modified twinshock because modern classic trials are so difficult that a standard twinshock can't clean the sections"

Of the latter, someone point me in the direction of the classic trial that has sections as hard as the '70s Superstars trial that has been posted on here, or a typical early 80s British championship round.

Anyway Dabster - when are you going to notice the hydraulic clutch on that SWM..

Fed up with this blatant abuse, we all know a certain well placed SWM last year from the Westmorland round on in the Normandale was basically similar to the above, the fact the rider would have won on a standard swm seems to have escaped reason.

Anyway ive heard that the normandale twinshock class is to revert to the easier route which is great news as far as I can see, and should negate the use of these fiddle machines and at least give me a chance on my AG Italjet!

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing the Italjet out. Someone rides one in the Perce Simon Miller round every year, a nice one too. Be good to see another one.

I didn't know anything about the class changes to the Normandales until I got the regs for the Phil King. There's a twinshock class on both the hard and easy route now although on the hard route, the twinshocks and air-cooled monos are in the same class.

How can twin shocks and air cooled mono' s compete on a level playing field ?

Well you get a mono that looks like or is an update of a twinshock, fantics have a few options and aprillias as above can be made to look like twinshocks, modify frame get some really good suspension and hey presto its not much different in performance, and looks like the bike above

for added fiddle fit very late forks like beta rev 3 or similar

• 2 weeks later...