Model 27 Help In Identifying Spe100F

bult360

Hi , i have a very early serial no model 27 reg no SPE100F , it was registered september 1967 and i think the reg no is a commerfords issue . Due to its serial no ( its between 10 and 20 ) and its early registration for a 27 i suspect it could of been given to a supported rider . I would be grateful of any assistance in tracing any of its history or if anybody on here has previously owned this bike i would love to hear from you . I bought it from the bristol area about 12 years ago , its not been abused but had been used neccesitating a bore to 73 mm , im having a tank made off the original in ethanol proof ( i hope !) resin glass , thanks

Not sure if this helps, but SPE was a Surrey series, and so it's possible it was registered to Comerfords, or at least someone else locally.

However, one of my bikes which was registered to Comerfords for use by a supported rider bears a BGH (London) series mark, although this machine is somewhat more recent.

Edited by lorenzo

Hi thanks for that , i have had a couple of pm s saying the same , i could do to find out who had help from commerfords realy . Sam was the main rider from this period but who else ? Don smith had a 27 but that bike i believe is owned by a french collector , benny crawfords 27 lives in the north , i know roy peplow had the odd outing on bults as he was a good friend of Sams , was jim sandiford still on greeves at this point ?