Raceline Footpegs Any Good?

jackthelad98

Hi I'm thinking of getting some new footpegs with some Christmas money as the standard beta ones on my bike have kind of gone 'blunt' and also I just want to trick up my bike a bit. The footrests I was thinking about are the Raceline Aluminium Adjustable Footpegs in red from Motomerlin ;

http://www.motomerlin.org.uk/raceline--aluminium-trials-adjustable-footpegs-footrests-5004-p.asp

They looked nice and fairly decent but I was wondering if anyone else has tried them and could tell me what they are like.

Thanks, Jack

Hi. they do look good and a good price too. I have heard some bad things about Raceline levers but MOTOMERLIN don't appear to sell those, that could be why.

I have bought loads of stuff over the years from this guy and never had a problem and always a great service,

He is a Trials rider too so I would go for it.

TLTEL

This is just my opinion I have no connection to this company...

Two bikes I owned came with aluminium foot pegs. I found the teeth tended to wear smooth prematurely, which on occasion allowed my feet to slip off.

One of the pegs shattered in half on a rock. I have S3 Hardrock steel pegs, which I have swapped between three years/three bikes, no problems and I imagine they would bend, not shatter, when I hit a rock.

I'm not sponsored by S3 or anyone.