Am I Too Old?

top ghia

go for it - i started at 49 never having been on any sort of bike ever... its brilliant and you'll love it

Cant argue with that then. ;) Activly looking around the net at bikes now, need to sort out some storage, I keep a classic car my lads bike and several push bikes in the garage. I also need to think about how to transport 2 bikes.

Never too old. My pop is 82 and still rides trials. He started at 48 after enduro tore him up. Take a year then go tell us how that fiveMOH is out there in Utah!

1. Knees out so you let the bike move under you rather than push you around.

2. look a head because your front tire won't care about any of that stuff your looking at.

3. bend your knees because your bike needs you to help even if you don't realize it.

4. when your son is older he will appreciate every moment he gets to ride with you.

5. do it do it do it.

--Biff

I have an update for you, It happened a little quicker than i expected but i now have a bike. A member of this forum contacted me with a bike for sale now he has moved to a twinshock machine. It turned out to be just the job i think. Its a Gas Gas JTX 250. Plenty of life left in it even though its a 97, I have plenty of falling off to do so i wouldnt want anything newer anyway. It has a lighting kit, A full set of plastics in silver that have been with the bike from new, a bundle of spares (im sure the levers will be needed) LOL. It came with the original recipt and certificate of authenticity etc. Im really happy with it.

Traveled down to oventry to buy it from a really nice guy called Ian. Thanks again for the help loading the bike and the cuppa was spot on too.

2014-01-12131858_edited-1.jpg

2014-01-12131940_edited-1.jpg

2014-01-12132001_edited-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

My first time at a local trial I worked the event, checking a novice section, and a guy came through whom I believe was 72 or thereabouts. I was amazed, especially as he kept clearing the section. I hope I can still ride when I'm that age.