Ariel - Carburation

gii

Hi,

One of the and#39;old' tweaks with all Amal carburettors, was a simple mod that vastly improved power pick-up from trickling along on tickover.

The ruse was to take out the needle, then block the little hole near the to with a blob of solder.

It came from the AJS competition shop, through Reg May at Comerfords. I used it on all my AMC and Ariel triallers and found it a great improvement. In any case, if it didn't work, you could always get out the soldering iron and remove the blob.

Enjoy

I'm lost with this one ??

What hole, where?

Needle or needle jet? The needle doesn't have a hole in it. The 4 stroke needle jet has two holes at the top, the 2 stroke needle jet doesn't have any.

Hi woody, did you try this mod?

I have a ariel trials bike, it seems to be running very rich, the plug is jet black. My bike runs fine but on very slow throttle, just as I open her up to go up a climb or step, it splutters and pops.

I have read this thread about blocking up a hole in the pilot jet or something?, Do you think this mod will solve my problem?

How do you do it?

Johnny