Bantam Forks For Scottish Pre65

ady witting

Any 35mm forks can be used and turned down to slip inside the 3TA bottoms - Marzocchi, Ossa, Butaco etc. 35mm is max diameter allowed.

For yokes, there are essentially two choices. Either period BSA yokes or the aftermarket billet yokes made by Alan Whitton and others. REH, Ceriani, Ossa, Bultaco etc aren't allowed.

By 2015 though, the criteria may have changed again.

• Like 1

may 2015 is a long way off. for a new comer on a bantam i'd be applying but expecting not to get an entry pre 2018. from your location i d be getting down to poachers who run plenty of p65 trials or take a trip on the m62 to any yorkshire classic event ( 19the jan is the first round of the 2014 champs so all the best bikes will be out including about a dozen bantams..)

just ask any YCMCC bantam rider and the hat full of others who are building bikes what you need and who can get/make if for you

• Like 1

may 2015 is a long way off. for a new comer on a bantam i'd be applying but expecting not to get an entry pre 2018. from your location i d be getting down to poachers who run plenty of p65 trials or take a trip on the m62 to any yorkshire classic event ( 19the jan is the first round of the 2014 champs so all the best bikes will be out including about a dozen bantams..)

just ask any YCMCC bantam rider and the hat full of others who are building bikes what you need and who can get/make if for you

My Dad is not a new comer on a bantam he has been riding Pre65 Trials since he was 40 and he is now 57, plus he has rode plenty of poachers trials, which are good trials to ride.

Hi, Regarding forks there is a max dia of 35mm and max length of 32", yes modern forks can be used but must be built/buried inside Norton, Ajs alloy bottoms. Steel Triumph, Bsa bottoms can also be used. Early Ceriani's, REH, and Metal Profile's without leading axle are all legal ie built before the cut off date. Royal Enfield leading axle forks can be used.

As for the yokes Std cast iron Bsa, Triumph, Alloy Ceriani, REH, and MP's can all be used, Billets yokes are acceptable from the aftermarket suppliers, the pinch bolts must also be on inside, this rules out the use of more modern Bultaco, Yamaha, Suzuki, Fantic, Ossa etc.

If you are building for Scotland, save all the pain and disappointment, do not build up a machine that is not going to be eligible!!!

There is a problem with younger riders coming into the sport, unable to identify 50 year old Classic motorcycle parts.

Also people selling/listing on the internet etc, everything gets listed under PRE 65, this is very misleading, someone could spend a lot of cash, buying, then building up parts/bikes etc that are not legal this must be very frustrating.

There is a lot of people that put a huge amount of time and effort into the sport, all this is made more difficult, with the fact that unfortunately some people do take the p_ _s!!! trying to get away with fitting/using the wrong parts.

Willie

• Like 2

Hi Guys

So Willie what you are saying is that any one building up a Classic British trials bike,should build it to your rules?? To use for two or if last year one day of trials riding in three hundred and sixty five??

THis is why the trial that shall not be named, puts a curse on anyone not building to there rules???

Just been watching a film tonight ,and hog warts .springs to mind!!! Or is it Hogwash?

This stupidity is killing the Classic British Trials bike sport!!

Regards Charlie. Wizard .

• Like 1

Hi Guys

So Willie what you are saying is that any one building up a Classic British trials bike,should build it to your rules?? To use for two or if last year one day of trials riding in three hundred and sixty five??

THis is why the trial that shall not be named, puts a curse on anyone not building to there rules???

Just been watching a film tonight ,and hog warts .springs to mind!!! Or is it Hogwash?

This stupidity is killing the Classic British Trials bike sport!!

Regards Charlie. Wizard .

Charlie, build your bike anyway you want, it's your choice.

But I imagine he at least wants to enjoy riding up the sections, not get bounced from rock to rock like a flea on speed if he uses genuine pre65 forks

How do you explain that to the rigids / Panthers etc ?

Charlie

That film has obviously cast a spell on your ability to read and digest what this thread is about. The title gives you a clue.

bantam forks for pre 65 Scottish!!!!!

Ady then said my Dad wants to ride the pre 65 scottish in 2015

Willie in his very comprehensive reply said IF you are building for Scotland

No one has to enter scotland, but everyone wants to, otherwise there wouldnt be so many bitter grumpy moaners about

• Like 3

Hi Guys.,

Forks,Yea,

So for Scotland you have to cast a spell onto moden day 35 mm forks and make them look like they were on a Norton or Matchless, before fitting them to your Scottish Rules built trials bike at a cost of about £500.

It is this word Legal that gets me, like you are breaking the law if you don't build a bike to ,the trial that shall not be named rules.

I build my bikes how I want, But still can't see why the cost of building a Classic British Trials bike is made more expensive by the rules of one club. And then worshiped has the norm?????????????

Have Fun,

Regards Charlie .

• Like 1

How do you explain that to the rigids / Panthers etc ?

Different issue altogether, they choose to ride that type of machine. This chap clearly wants to have forks that work efficiently on his Bantam, which rules out the standard Pre65 British items

Willie

REH, Ceriani and MP aren't considered Pre65. I'm pretty sure if I declared those components on an entry form I'd be declined.

Yorkshire Classic also consider them Pre70, not Pre65.

"There is a lot of people that put a huge amount of time and effort into the sport, all this is made more difficult, with the fact that unfortunately some people do take the p_ _s!!! trying to get away with fitting/using the wrong parts"

It's not about trying to take the p*** or cheating. It's more likely about trying to save money as not everyone can afford the hundreds / thousands of pounds to build a compliant bike if they wish to be competitive. And that's what it is - a competition. And riders who have a chance of doing well want to give themselves the best chance of doing that with a competitive machine. A reasonably competitive and effective bike can be built for a fraction of the cost of a 'compliant' one using parts out of the shed. But it's not allowed. It's no more a cheat bike than the compliant one as neither will be anything like a true Pre65 spec or appearance.

And after all, these ridiculous eligibility rules were originally brought in to keep the machines looking 'period'. 100% success in that respect then...

A bit harsh also, suggesting that youngsters are shirking the rules out of ignorance. They usually ride a borrowed bike anyway. I've seen one bike compete that shouldn't have been allowed for reasons that are obvious and you could hardly describe the rider as a youngster.

• Like 4