How About Some Royal Enfield Crusaders ?

laird387

Hi,

This is another embarrassing image for me - I know the face but just cannot get the grey cells to come up with the name - but please enjoy the Crusader!

But thanks to help from friends on the forum I can now identify the rider - 'tis Dennis Keen.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-83502800-1396013812_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi, stan,

Gold Star for you mate - go to the head of the class!!

It really is infuriating when you know that you know who it is but the names just won't come........

Thanks - it isn't Dave Keep, he rode Ariels - but you've woken up my brain cells and I have remembered that it is, in fact, Dennis Keen. (So I get a gold star for my wall chart as well!!

Deryk

Edited by laird387

Hi,

This is the 1995 West Riding run by Yorks Classic.

The white building in the background is the Wagon and Horses pub at the start and Barrie Rodgers is almost out of the first section on the Crusader.

Now having the pub so close to the first section is organisation...........!

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-08112100-1396280231_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi,

Maurice Arden, seen here in the 1992 Frank Jones trial at the third section in Cwmcwefru, riding his Royal Enfield Crusader.

This image brings back particular memories, because I lived close by in those days, and Mary and I were fascinated to watch and wonder at the sheer power of water in nature.

Let me explain. Maurice is riding over a jumble of varying sized stones, mainly well-rounded by having been tossed around in fast running water and having all the corners knocked off them. Fair enough, understand that.

But you can see where the river is at the time Mary took the photograph - a good two feet below the level of the stones.

When we had visited earlier in the year, the river bank was where the water is now and where Mary was standing is where the centre of the river used to be......

In less than six months the floods of rain from the hills had knocked a tree out of the far river bank, allowing the water to wash away all the earth on the far side and create a totally new path for the water - creating a totally new jumble of stones which I took advantage of when setting my section markers just before the trial.

Then the TV news readers sound surprised when they have to report 'floods' in normally sunny Surrey............

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-37135500-1396516004_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

The 'other' Peeling brother, Mick, seen some years ago(!!) on his very tidy Royal Enfield Crusader.

Enjoy.

(Sparks - checking around, this apparently is the Gaunt version, a 360cc. Well spotted, Deryk)

Hi,

Another shot of Mick Peeling with his Crusader - and I've counted the cylinder fins - there are nine - and a standard Crusader has eight.

Strikes me if you live long enough you might learn something.........at least I hope I do!

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-44198400-1396540965_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It is 1993, the last Sunday in March and around the Stroud area the Golden Valley club are holding their classic March Hare trial.

Barrie Rodgers was there in the Chalford Woods with his ex-works Crusader whilst chatting in the background are Merle Morewood and Rosalyn, Eddie Banks partner.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-02102500-1398523494_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 7 years later...

Hi all

It sounds like you guys have some amazing memories and some great knowledge of crusaders.

I hope you are all still about as I see this is an old post.

But I wonder 

Would this crusader be of interest. Im not generally into fin counting but this ones got ten.

FFF0E62C-DEF0-43CF-97EC-FEC6149DD912.jpeg

• Like 1