New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

One benefit that Vertigo will have over other manufacturers is publicity. Some smaller manufacturers have to rely on sketchy publicity using Facebook and Twitter. They have their own website but they obviously have to pay for internet and magazine advertising.In these difficult times, this cant easy.Dougie Lampkin is the main man. His PR is controlled by GF2 Media man Mr Jake Miller. It looks like he will be handling some of the PR. I was told that Mr Miller has an interest inwww.Trialscentral.com which is the largest Trials forum in the World and probably gets more hits than any other trials web site in the World. This may result in the most joined up advertising / promotion for a marque that has been seen in modern times. This is a feather in Vertigo's cap. Any head start for a new Catalan trials company can only be a good thing. Saying this , I might be entirely wrong . If there is no connection , I apologise

I didn't consider it inside info. I was just told by someone who didn't give two thoughts about imparting it. I heard this weeks ago.

Its no big shakes anyway. If he wanted it out there he'd say. I'm sure he will do. It'll all come out in the wash.

Generically there is no end in sight to the amount of wonderful Catalans who will continue coming up with new marques. From what I hear this will continue .... oh yes.

I was told that Mr Miller has an interest in www.Trialscentral.com

No prizes for guessing which f***wit told you that.

To clarify, Jake Miller has NO interest in Trials Central whatsoever. It is totally, wholly, completely owned by me. There are many times I wish it were otherwise, but that is the 100% truth. I do work for Jake in certain areas and he does work for me (mostly graphics stuff as I'm **** at that sort of thing) and, of course, we work together at the World Championship events where I also do my own work for TC, but he absolutely does not have any vested interest in Trials Central, nor does anyone else.

That is it. Apart from the gay sex of course.

• Like 7

Ok , that's clear Andy. That connection has been embellished and exaggerated .It wasn't the recent him though.

That's the problem James you listen to Voldemort and very soon you start to believe him!

So gas 249 the company behind Dougies vertigo is Catalan then?

• Like 2

'Sorry Dabster. I'd love to say but they're clearly not ready to put that out yet. I'm not going to jump the gun. I've never met the chap at the top but I do know of him and his connection with Trials old and new. I would imagine there will be quite a few British people reading this now who know also.

Its exciting times again in the Trials World. I love it when a new company is announced. Let's face it , nothing much interesting is happening on the World's trials scene .Now we're going to see another person's interpretation on what they believe is the best trials bike available .We couldn't ask for more!.

All we need to do is sit back and watch. Hopefully it will be radical enough to inspire interest and grab market share .I love radical styling but others are calling for reliability , common sense and low cost above everything else. One thing is for sure , radical or not , it will be very well thought out .

I can't think of anyone better than the Lampkins to build a terrific bike.

no problem with designing one of these, if i was back at work and had NX in front of me I could do this in a few hours.

Yes to copy a TALON one above wouldn't take long at all, but I'm not suggesting that. You would need a system that was fast and reliable to do this to make it worthwhile.. and that would need some thinking about so not a 2 minute job :)

• Like 1

The Man

The Machine

I remove the links of tje photos because That was just my guess.

When I linked the photos I didn't think it could cause any trouble to the man or to Vertigo...I still think it can't but I removed it anyway.

I don't know anything about this or other projects, only gossip in the internet.

I live in an island in the midlle of the Atlantic...I'm not to be taken seriously :-)

Edited by ruixina
  • Like 1

One benefit that Vertigo will have over other manufacturers is publicity. Some smaller manufacturers have to rely on sketchy publicity using Facebook and Twitter. They have their own website but they obviously have to pay for internet and magazine advertising.In these difficult times, this cant easy.Dougie Lampkin is the main man. His PR is controlled by GF2 Media man Mr Jake Miller. It looks like he will be handling some of the PR. I was told that Mr Miller has an interest inwww.Trialscentral.com which is the largest Trials forum in the World and probably gets more hits than any other trials web site in the World. This may result in the most joined up advertising / promotion for a marque that has been seen in modern times. This is a feather in Vertigo's cap. Any head start for a new Catalan trials company can only be a good thing. Saying this , I might be entirely wrong . If there is no connection , I apologise

I didn't consider it inside info. I was just told by someone who didn't give two thoughts about imparting it. I heard this weeks ago.

Its no big shakes anyway. If he wanted it out there he'd say. I'm sure he will do. It'll all come out in the wash.

Generically there is no end in sight to the amount of wonderful Catalans who will continue coming up with new marques. From what I hear this will continue .... oh yes.

Just because Dougie Lampkin is involved means nothing- Look at Jordi Tarres probably a bigger name than Dougie- I know Jordi is left but can you see Jotagas taking the biggest percentage of the market share any time soon or ever, will they even be there in 10 yrs time?

All I can say is it's no wonder Spain is in the financial mess it is in ! They certainly don't have much business sense if they think they can produce another new trials machine in this current market that can compete against the other proven great marques already out there. Just crazy !

• Like 1