New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

That is exactly what I was saying! Same thing, one to make and one to lose.

Not many in Big business could claim to be NOT morally corrupt.

As you say, vertigo. Bring on the loss leader :marky:

Not exactly correct because you said "Clever ones do things to lose money and pay no tax." - The guy in the example above isn't doing something to lose money, he is just cheating the system to make more money for himself out of the income to his businesses . If you ran a business to lose money, sure you wouldnt pay tax because your business would go bankrupt. That was my point :) but I have to agree with this comment " Not many in Big business could claim to be NOT morally corrupt."

Sad but true :(

Is this the guy that Jordi Tarres is working with, or are we now up to three new bikes in development?

Yep , three. Jordi's and Dougie's plans will obviously be serious as thats the sort of guys they are.

The Merlin guy is clear in his desire to build a bike but there are thoughts from Spain that its just to launch the marketing a brand of clothes and do just something with the name he bought. Perhaps just keep us fans there hanging and hoping. There is nothing to suggest this but if he released a good twinshock, priced circa 4k , would it sell ?

This guy is an enthusiast and this is his dream i guess, however its one thing making a bike and its another putting it into production. I just hope he does it sensibly and in moderation and doesnt throw everything hes got ,at it

Edited by gasgas249uk

Gasgas249uk - why suggest a twin shock?

Hi pops of 2

Only because in my mind the standard mono class is getting a little crowded these days and perhaps there's a market for a reasonably priced twin shock that's good value and good quality. It's just a thought. Did the 80's Montesa Honda sell well ?. Part of the appeal of riding an old twin shock is because it is old and that it had a history .Maybe a well designed , well built competitive twin shock would sell ? .

How about an old Gasgas air cooled engine on a light weight twin shock frame .Marz forks, decent rear shocks , Gasgas might sell the rights to that engine. This bike might have difficulty fitting into a national championship class but perhaps it would get a following.

It's there any mileage in making a bike like this ?

• Like 2