Design A New Trials Bike

telecat

Steveo , the early models 2012 fell in price but i got 4k when i part exchanged my 2013 Jotagas for a new one so its not so bad.I was happyish (if you can ever be happy paying 1500 for 8 trials). The dealer sold the bike straight away so it worked out for him. Id hope for the deal again at the end of the year. Isnt this on par with other makes . I know those who import theirs and buy last years bike seem to lose only 600 - according to someone who does it , but it isnt a new flashy bike and theres something nice about that :)

Edited by gasgas249uk

• 2 weeks later...

How about black chrome frame black wheels and white muguards n tank n black decals.

Im middle age i guess n bought a Gasser 300 racing. It was a great price and its better than stock bike, admittedly ill never out ride it but its way better than my standard 250 i had, plus someone has to buy new.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see a simple bike that is afordable and no exotic materials.

An engine like the Yamaha TYZ as it was used in the Scorpa SY, but maybe with 300 or 350 cc, so it has even more grunt way down below.

For club events you don't need a lot off top end power like in modern bikes, i would like a tractor on two weehls!

My ideal bike should be able to start out off a realy tight corner just on the clutch no throttle needed!

For the frame, take a good look at Ossa, it is stable and steers like crazy!

Maybe use a system off building blocks.

Buy a basic frame, choose your suspension(simple or up to date/fancy stuff), choose your engine (80 to 350 cc), choose the engine caracteristics(flywheels etc.), lights or not, trick bits or not.

Like this you could build the bike oyu would like to own.

• Like 2

If the proto fails , it will be disproportionately remembered for failing.

Thats one of the first things people remember about Tarres' proto at the SSDT , not that fact that he won so much on it.

Imagine if the new proto failed on day one of the SSDT . Everyone with a phone would be recording the moment for posterity and before the bikes even launched there would be rumors of this or that going wrong .....and have they really fixed it well enough and i heard this broken and heard that over heated.

We the crowd are a simple bunch and will remember the photos flashed in front of us for many years , not that fact that they tried.

• Like 3

If the proto fails , it will be disproportionately remembered for failing.

Thats one of the first things people remember about Tarres' proto at the SSDT , not that fact that he won so much on it.

Imagine if the new proto failed on day one of the SSDT . Everyone with a phone would be recording the moment for posterity and before the bikes even launched there would be rumors of this or that going wrong .....and have they really fixed it well enough and i heard this broken and heard that over heated.

We the crowd are a simple bunch and will remember the photos flashed in front of us for many years , not that fact that they tried.

Didn't Tarres Bike fail due to a clogged radiator? Not a huge engineering failure. Regardless, I remember we had great anticipation of seeing the bike at the Tenn. WR several months later. It seemed to be the most popular bike there. Edited by kramit

Didnt even know tarres bike failed and im not even sure it was a beta?

Dont go with this cant fail at anything, greeves did well enough with a bag of Shiiite so why not?

All new bikes have faults till they are proved by the ordinary riders anyway?

Didnt even know tarres bike failed and im not even sure it was a beta?

Dont go with this cant fail at anything, greeves did well enough with a bag of Shiiite so why not?

All new bikes have faults till they are proved by the ordinary riders anyway?

Greeves finnished in 17th place in the Pre65 Scottish, I think your comment is a tad harsh !

......All new bikes have faults till they are proved by the ordinary riders anyway?

Yes, never a 'true-er' word spoken. :icon_salut:

Some manufacturers are keen to let the paying customers do all of their product testing for them.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...