Black Box

billyt

Also agree, fan relay, can't think why it's been put there, normally lives in front of the fuel tank, next to the oil catch tank on my 2012, it's factory mounting point is next to the tilt switch under the tb.

Edited by jj65

This shows where the fan relay sits under the throttle body next to the rear break reservoir. If you have this then the question would still stand.

If it is the fan relay, I'd move it either back to the original position, or preferably either in front of the fuel tank or rest it on top of the throttle body connector.

post-14348-0-93013300-1388686832_thumb.jpg

Edited by jj65
  • Like 1

Thanks jj65

The manual I received with the bike is all in Spanish so until I get one in Doric I am screwed.

Keep the advice and suggestion flowing on this bike, it much appreciated.

I put it on a stand, started it up, put it into gear, pulled the clutch in, and was able to stop the rear wheel from turning with just my fingers.

This is a good reference for me for viscose coupling of the clutch and oil for future life with the bike.

It came with (in the box) a carbon fibre front mudguard with the standard aluminum one attached. Why they did not install this confuses me. I was then told that the carbon fibre ones snap???? Is this correct? Even if I install it the is no provision to secure the front brake hose like the stock aluminum one? I feel like a fish out of water with this bike as it all new to me. But what a bike!!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by billyt

it clearly is the fan relay . 2 x red a blue and blu /blk wire . shocking pdi ! but have seen worse from the previous 'official' importer! . as jj 65 has illustrated it slides onto a bracket in front of the airbox, it is a little tricky! as there is only just enough wiring . it squeezes between the head and frame ( just the plug ,relay removed ) and then down in front of the brake resevoir . but that is where it sits. if you go for a simplified breather system it slots on to the breather catch tank bracket .

it's importtant that it is relocated ,as in later life it will from experience give issues.

you get a small aluminium bracket with the repsol bracket . it bolts to the rhs front mudguad bolt and replicates

the integral bracket fitted originally . ps the carbon brackets are as strong as the original