Black Box

billyt

Here's how to fix the brake hose. Never seen a carbon one break. Why have you got a Spanish language manual, I have to say, some dealers seem very lazy with there bike prep, you bought a race rep, so all the decals and carbon parts should be fitted, ready for collection. I cannot for life of me, understand why the fan relay was put there.

What standard of rider are you Billy ?, I would strongly recommend you change the standard gearing, either a 9/42 or 9/43, you can do most sections in 1st and 2nd with this set up. If your going to run with the headlight fitted, disconnect the power lead and switch and remove it as it's not very good :0(.

Anything else you need to know? Just ask.

post-14348-0-20871600-1388701566_thumb.jpg

post-14348-0-22461700-1388702587_thumb.jpg

Edited by jj65
  • Like 1

As Munch has said, the carbon fork brace is very strong, should be no problem. It seem that your supplying dealer hasn't done the best of jobs. Not to worry though, plenty of help on this forum. I'll take a photo of mine when I get home, so you get a better idea how it fits, if someone hasn't already done it.

Edit: there you go, jj65 done it for me. ;-)

Edited by shedracer

Guys

Thanks for the help......... :icon_salut:

I am in the USA (from Glasgow originally). There was no little aluminum bracket (for securing front brake hose with carbon bracket) in the box with the bike just some stickers, a carbon fibre front mudguard support and a Spanish owner manual.

As for class of rider, old fart, has been, been there done that, should know better, heart bigger than my brain, class! I will check out the gearing and follow suite.

Thanks

Billy

Guys

I am in the USA (from Glasgow originally). There was no little aluminum bracket (for securing front brake hose with carbon bracket) in the box with the bike just some stickers, a carbon fibre front mudguard support and a Spanish owner manual.

As for class of rider, old fart, has been, been there done that, should know better, heart bigger than my brain, class! I will check out the gearing and follow suite.

Thanks

Billy

Of of interest - how much is the $ retail price for a Repsol in the USA ?

Guys

Thanks

Billy

Give the supplying dealer a call and ask for the correct manual and the small alloy brake bracket, which you should have had in the first place!

Interesting, didn't know the states were getting them, guess there will be some happy chaps over there now then.

One thing I would recommend you get (unfortunately not supplied by the manufacture), is a case saver. Although it may never happen, hopefully, if the chain was to break, a case saver may save you big bucks and only cost about £40. Other than that, enjoy your new Mont and do ask if you have any other questions, someone on here will be happy to help, if they can.

I think only canada imports Montesa, so I would imagine Billy either imported himself, or someone is bringing them in independently.

Billy, I can scan the important service info from my manual and email it to you if you want, just pm me your email address.

Edited by jj65

The carbon braces can break, but only on big impacts. Instead of the forks twisting in the yolkes as they do with the alloy brace, it'll snap the carbon across the bolt holes. Like I said they only break on big impacts, I've done 2 in 9 years so they're pretty good overall.

The case saver is a worth while buy.

Update (part II) guys.

Shedracer New, New fan relocation. As you can see it cradled quite nicely in this position between frame and PBT. The rear fender goes back on with no interference. The fan relay wire are also kept clear of the exhaust. This is the best I can see with the length of the wire loom.

Do you see any issues with this mounting? Is it close enough to where you are suggesting?

As for the bike itself. I live in California and made a trip to Canada at xmas to see my daughters and take care of another personal matter. In knew there was a new Repsol just landed in Canada (the first one in NA) so I jumped at the chance to go see it and bought it on the spot.

I filled out the appropriate customs paperwork at the importer/dealer and drove it to the US Canada border. Declared it at the border and got it back safe and sound to California. I have to go get it registered at the DMV and take the MSO/Title to do so. Hopefully all my ducks are in order with the mounds of import paperwork I have.

I also learned why no English manual and all the other little quirks as this is a Spanish bike pure and simple made for the Spanish market.

As for cost, the Canadian importer has quoted $9K > $9.5K CDN for the standard Red/Black model and $10K > $10.5K CDN for the Repsol all dependent upon the Euro exchange rate.

More to come as I learn more and be taught more by the Montesa forum experts.

post-260-0-40447000-1388906195_thumb.jpg

Edited by billyt

Billy, it is a bit of a pain to relocate the relay to its original place, but when I had my last Repsol, I minimised the electrics on the plate above the gearbox. I relocated the relay to where my finger points. I just used a cable tie, to hold it in place, it's far enough away from the exhaust and worked fine there.

32cff291c54b106055668a2f1b4fadbc.jpg