Different Bsas

laird387

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

For many years a very good friend of mine was the Castrol Competition Manager, taking the Castrol converted bus to all the major meetings and dispensing free oil, etc. to all their supported riders, etc.

Dick's first partner was a lovely American girl, Mary, who is pictured here with the BSA Bantam trials bike Dick built up for her in the mid-1950's, he can't remember exactly when 'cos it was a very busy time in his life.

Sadly Dick lost Mary after a long and debilitating illness, but eventually he found happiness again. He lived close by my home in mid-Wales and we met and swopped yarns regularly.

Attached is a photograph of Mary and her Bantam, enjoy.

post-19290-0-55605300-1405441151_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

For many years a very good friend of mine was the Castrol Competition Manager, taking the Castrol converted bus to all the major meetings and dispensing free oil, etc. to all their supported riders, etc.

I see Dick quite often - he still goes out trail riding and appears to be in good health.A few weeks ago he and his partner were going to Aberaeron for lunch!

Dick's first partner was a lovely American girl, Mary, who is pictured here with the BSA Bantam trials bike Dick built up for her in the mid-1950's, he can't remember exactly when 'cos it was a very busy time in his life.

Sadly Dick lost Mary after a long and debilitating illness, but eventually he found happiness again. He lived close by my home in mid-Wales and we met and swopped yarns regularly.

Attached is a photograph of Mary and her Bantam, enjoy.

Hi rhayaderman,

Mike - I hope your comment on Dick is not bad news. We haven't been in contact for a while but he was still at Pen Rochel and so was another old friend, Shirley, last time I heard.

I couldn't find your response on 'tc'.

Cheers

Deryk

Saw Dick Sutton a few weeks ago on his way to Aberaeron for lunch.He is quite a remarkable character still going out trail riding and appearing to be very fit.He always has great tales to tell of how things were in the good old days.Yes he still resides near Penybont.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Bernard Rodemark waits at the start of the 2007 Sammy Miller trial organised by Ilkley Motor Club.

I don't recognise the frame, which has a very modern look, as do the hubs - but the beautifully prepared motor is definitely a C10L side-valve, probably about 1954.

Photographed by Barry Robinson, enjoy.

post-19290-0-97014100-1409255855_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi,

This shot is of Ian Wixon riding his BSA in the 2008 Sammy Miller round in the Pateley Bridge area organised by the Ilkley club.

For members interested in the twinshock machines in these events I have started telling the story of 20+ years of the Sammy Miller series in the digital Magazine ORRe, where you will find plenty of images, all without watermarks, - so if you have ridden in a Sammy Miller trial - ever - there is a chance you could be in the magazine!

Photograph: Barry Robinson

Enjoy

post-19290-0-78244400-1412678770_thumb.jpg

• Like 1