Different Bsas

laird387

Hi,

An interesting image for me personally. This is Mike Palfrey with his BSA B40 riding in the 2001 Talmag Trophy trial.

When I used the shot in ORR something struck me as being different - but I couldn't spot what it was. Then I looked at some of the other archive images and realised that in 2001 we had actually been photographing Mike in action for eighteen years.

Life rushes past when you are enjoying yourself!

post-19290-0-28719800-1390386488_thumb.jpg

Hi,

An enthusiastic supporter of the pre-65 scene and my British Bike championship series was Jim Susans, an inveterate 'specials' creator who appreciated the 'pre-65' rules and carefully worked well within not only the scope of the rules - but also well within the spirit.

Seen here on one of his creations based around a C15T.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-31238200-1390808195_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Another response to one of your requests - keep them coming, it helps me decide which of my many images to look out next - but I digress!

The request was for any 1970s shots of Bantam based specials in action, so here's Doug Theobald doing just that in East Anglia.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-31202400-1390813328_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The request was for any 1970s shots of Bantam based specials in action, so here's Doug Theobald doing just that in East Anglia.

Enjoy.

I remember riding in an Eastern centre trial at Kelvedon Hatch where Doug and his good mate John Banks were riding these rather nice Bantams.

Doug still rides these days, and still keeps his feet firmly on the pegs.

Hi,

A regular visitor to the Bonanza weekend organised by the Golden Valley Classic club was Brian Trott on his BSA Bantam based special, seen here in the 2001 event.

The Observer in this section is the late Maureen Ransom, wife of Mike Ransom the Francis-Barnett works rider.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-65583500-1391284153_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Deryk,

Do you know what top-end that is grafted onto the Bantam engine?

That looks very much like a 170 Minarelli top end, as used by Cotton and DOT.

The other Brian Trott Bantam ( post 17) has a Fantic top end. A BSA Fantam if you like :)