Chairs Are Exciting!

laird387

Hi,

One of my favourite trials sections is in the rocky stream that runs through Price Ashfield's land alongside the A470 just south of Rhayader.

The landowner is, of course, Mr Price - but as is the way in Wales look you - when there are several Prices in the area you add the name of their property to identify one from t'other, so this Mr Price owns the property called Ashfield, simple, eh?

The stream has been used as a section in the British Experts for years, and is seen here in just that guise, with Ken and Des Kendall in their Kenman outfit trying their hand.

We were able to borrow the section when I helped to create the Classic Experts using many of the old British Experts sections.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-15115200-1388948926_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another aspect of sidecar trialling is the point of having a passenger - to keep the sidecar wheel down, do I hear you say?

In which case I suspect John Bow might be looking for a new job when driver Colin Laver manages to get the plot back under control!

Photographed by Alan Vines at the 1970 Perce Simon. Colin's first ride with the Lavariel had been four years before, also in the Perce Simon.

The outfit was later acquired by Alan Lampkin.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-20780300-1390151628_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi,

You could always expect Alan Morewood, here with Gerry Holmes in the chair, to give a fairly spirited performance.

This was the 1969 British Experts and Brian Holder was on hand to watch them make sure they didn't get caught on the step in the stream!

Enjoy

post-19290-0-96678200-1390498519_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

• 6 years later...

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2014 at 5:13 PM, laird387 said:

Hi,

Another aspect of sidecar trialling is the point of having a passenger - to keep the sidecar wheel down, do I hear you say?

In which case I suspect John Bow might be looking for a new job when driver Colin Laver manages to get the plot back under control!

Photographed by Alan Vines at the 1970 Perce Simon. Colin's first ride with the Lavariel had been four years before, also in the Perce Simon.

The outfit was later acquired by Alan Lampkin.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-20780300-1390151628_thumb.jpg

Hi All

I hope you don't mind me reserecting this old post but I have just found this great picture and I have a bit more information about this very special bike.

This outfit was built by Colin Laver and regestered September 1969. Colin competed on it for a few years and then it then passed to Arthur A Lampkin. I don't know if Arthur ever road it.

The outfit was then bought by my father in March 2009.  He road it in one event and found it a bit fast (that probably says more Colin's ability) He loved to take it to local shows as it really is quite something.

Sadly my father has passed and now my brother and I have the opertunity to ride it.

If the weather is any good this weekend I will take a few pictures and post them if anyone is intrested.

4 hours ago, Will-in-Chelt said:

Hi All

I hope you don't mind me reserecting this old post but I have just found this great picture and I have a bit more information about this very special bike.

This outfit was built by Colin Laver and regestered September 1969. Colin competed on it for a few years and then it then passed to Arthur A Lampkin. I don't know if Arthur ever road it.

The outfit was then bought by my father in March 2009.  He road it in one event and found it a bit fast (that probably says more Colin's ability) He loved to take it to local shows as it really is quite something.

Sadly my father has passed and now my brother and I have the opertunity to ride it.

If the weather is any good this weekend I will take a few pictures and post them if anyone is intrested.

Do it!