Ground Up Again ... 240 Pro

axulsuv

As the title states I'm amassing more unique parts to refurbish my ever faithful 240 pro ... When done it'll be truly worthwhile .

But I have one question to put to you all ... My fork sliders and clamps and swing arm have all been powdercoated recently in the standard red , I rattle caned the frame when I first went thru the bike in red . But this time I think I want the previously powdercoated pieces to remain red , But maybe the frame in something different ? It will have a special one piece seat/tank unit in red , so maybe a black base frame ? or should I just stand true to the Fantic colors ....

And all the pieces for the aluminum tank on my section have been made , just got to weld it up and polish it . I can't wait to use that bike ...

Glenn

I went with a "chrome" powder coat on my frame and, while I'm happy with it, I'm going with the stock red for the 300 project. Still the thought of a black frame seems enticing. And with black wheels, hubs and engine; I'm thinking it's a winner

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

OK , now on to another vote ...as you can see the tank stickers I was waiting for actually arrived today , when I got home from my daughters rugby match , (them GIRLS are tough !!!) I applied the decals (and yes I put these on level , despite my urge to just splatter them on !) ...

post-1232-0-71900000-1394924053_thumb.jpg

Now my question , Do I add the spare set of 240 pro sidepanel decals with the red,white and blue border (as OE.) or just the 240 trials professional letters only from the set ? Or just leave it simple as is and keep em guessing ?

HHMMMN ?

Glenn

(and the main frame will be Black when I get around to it ...)

• Like 1