Tiger Cubs

laird387

Hi,

Another image of historical interest, this time P C Alves (always known as 'Jim' - his actual names were Percival Harold) riding the Triumph Terrier 150cc, from which the Tiger Cub was developed, in the 1954 Cotswold Cups trial.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-45857300-1389782222_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

As Max Bygraves was often heard to say; "Let me tell you a story!"

The attached image shows, as I'm sure you will agree, a well-used Tiger Cub. It can also be seen to be in relatively original trim, no expensive front forks or hub, no fancy foreign carburettor.

There is one difference between this and so many of the Cubs you see around the scene today - this one used to win pre-65 trials with, sometimes for the other competitors, absolute regularity! Ridden by Mike Fear this was photographed winning the unit class in the Somerton Classic trial in 2001.

Wonder - and enjoy!

post-19290-0-60434400-1390737207_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Regular visitors to our Bath Classic trials, seen here in 1999, were the Hand brothers, Roger and Steve.

In this trial Steve(87) took a win in his class with Roger a couple of marks behind. Both rode 250 versions of the Cub.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-46401300-1391013998_thumb.jpg

post-19290-0-37564700-1391014028_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

As Max Bygraves was often heard to say; "Let me tell you a story!"

The attached image shows, as I'm sure you will agree, a well-used Tiger Cub. It can also be seen to be in relatively original trim, no expensive front forks or hub, no fancy foreign carburettor.

There is one difference between this and so many of the Cubs you see around the scene today - this one used to win pre-65 trials with, sometimes for the other competitors, absolute regularity! Ridden by Mike Fear this was photographed winning the unit class in the Somerton Classic trial in 2001.

Wonder - and enjoy!

But the other two cubs from the bath club in 90’s (riding no's: 86 & 87) seem to be covered in billet parts & modern suspension?

Hi,

Another look at the 'Hawk's Nest' section in the 1999 Reliance round of the British Bike championship forerunner of the Sammy Miller series.

It is of Ian Shennan on his Tiger Cub, who ruefully admitted to me: "That section never changes, I've ridden it for years now, in snow, ice, rain and sunshine - but the section always wins. But one day I'll beat it!"

He must have been enjoying it - 'cos he kept coming back.

post-19290-0-92420900-1393493594_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's a fantastic action shot.

(I don't know whether you are a photographer, bashplate, but do you agree that it is the fact that the rider is in sharp focus but I kept the background blurred that 'emphasizes' the action?

Sadly that is one of the best features of using my old film cameras that is all too often lost with the modern digital devices - I remain rooted in film cameras to this day simply because that close focus control just isn't available on any of the 'popular' digital devices - and when I'm using my digital it is always with full manual control.

But thanks for your appreciation of my efforts,

Deryk)

Edited by laird387