X Light Rear Tyre

ady witting

Hi everyone, I've Just bought a second hand X Light, but it has 2 sidewall cuts, it takes a week to go down. should I change to a different tyre or just keeping blowing it up.

Mine goes down 2 lbs per hour!.....buy a new tire and send yours to me.

If the cuts are deep and you think the cords might be compromised, you might want to put a patch on the inside to avoid a blowout at a bad time (like section one of the next trial). X-lites do have a tendency to have slow leaks through the sidewalls. I have heard of people using some kind of bicycle tire sealer in them. If the leak is slow enough, I agree with others - just check it before you ride and enjoy.

If the cuts are deep and you think the cords might be compromised, you might want to put a patch on the inside to avoid a blowout at a bad time (like section one of the next trial). X-lites do have a tendency to have slow leaks through the sidewalls. I have heard of people using some kind of bicycle tire sealer in them. If the leak is slow enough, I agree with others - just check it before you ride and enjoy.

I had the same problem with my X-light. This product sealed it:

http://www.notubes.com/Sealant-C14.aspx

(Is very popular by mountain bikers)

• Like 1