Replacing Thermostat ?

dyk316

Have you looked at it, I am pretty sure its only a thermo contact switch, that should unplug and unclip. You shouldn't have to drain the coolant . unless the Raga is totally different to the other Gassers.

TLTEL

Have you looked at it, I am pretty sure its only a thermo contact switch, that should unplug and unclip. You shouldn't have to drain the coolant . unless the Raga is totally different to the other Gassers.

TLTEL

Yes ,it looks like I need to remove radiator to get old one out? Which would mean removing all the hoses?or that's what I'm guessing

No Raga owners in tonight then???

I'm guessing here but if you undo the radiator fixing maybe there will be enough flex in the pipes to get at it.

TLTEL

That's what I thought but there is no room,rad/fan hit of cylinder head,It seems a lot of work just to fit a new one as they are pretty common for falling,has all reasonably new gasser's got thermostat inserted in rad's nowadays,

That's what I thought but there is no room,rad/fan hit of cylinder head,It seems a lot of work just to fit a new one as they are pretty common for falling,has all reasonably new gasser's got thermostat inserted in rad's nowadays,

Hmm.. the 08 Raga probably got the tubular frame? Never tried on that version, but on the "regular" 08 you could twist the rad just enough to get the switch out.

On newer bikes (from 09 I think) the switch is placed on the top right of the rad. Muuuuch easier to exchange. On 13 mod it is moved to under the rad on the left side.

-Jan

Hmm.. the 08 Raga probably got the tubular frame? Never tried on that version, but on the "regular" 08 you could twist the rad just enough to get the switch out.

On newer bikes (from 09 I think) the switch is placed on the top right of the rad. Muuuuch easier to exchange. On 13 mod it is moved to under the rad on the left side.

-Jan

Yeh tubular frame!

Had another go today, no chance of twisting it enough to get out, looks like hoses will need to come off to make room!can not understand why they have put it there

Yeh tubular frame!

Had another go today, no chance of twisting it enough to get out, looks like hoses will need to come off to make room!can not understand why they have put it there

Probably why they moved it before 09 season.. :):stupid: