Frame And V5C With Non-Transferable Registration Number

not ron

I have been building a pre 65 trials bike for some time with a replica frame and I have found for a sale an appropriate frame and V5c of the same brand and year. The seller states that the V5c is in his name and has a non-transferable registration number. How difficult would it be to use this V5c and frame number to register and tax the trials bike?

When it means non-transferable does that mean at the end of the process my bike would get the registration number on the V5c or another age related number?

Non transferable means that the registration number cannot be transferred to a different vehicle/frame.

If you used his frame and your engine, the engine number on the V5 wouldn't match, which may cause you a headache with the DVLA.

There are ways around it both legally and illegally.

Obviously you'll choose the legal route and if you purchased his frame and V5, when the process is completed your bike would end up with the non transferable reg number.

If you registered your own frame, which I take it isn't registered, it would get an age related number.

If you are using a replica frame it can be done easily . I won't spell it out, just as mentioned above you can not transfer the number to another vehicle. How do folk think other reps get reg'd like Armacs Draytons etc. :popcorn: