I Like This!

shipdamite

What engine is that?? Those are not TY 175 cases. Look at the kickstarter location and the lack of a clutch adjuster screw. YZ cases??

After some investigation I think that they are 1976-79 YZ250 cases. Clutch cover fits various YZ's and IT's from 76-80 and 250-400cc. The cylinder base gasket is the same as a TY 250 74-77

Double check me but that is what I think

{ps I'm a parts manager at a Yamaha shop so I kind of cheated}

Edited by spinner

The bike with the dell orto carby that Craig is sitting on has a cylinder which displays a part number in the casting, which identifies it as originating from a TY250B

The engine inner cases and engine covers on that same bike look they are from a 1970s Yamaha works motor that Mick Andrews used

The kickstart lever on that same bike is TY175

Edited by feetupfun

What engine is that?? Those are not TY 175 cases. Look at the kickstarter location and the lack of a clutch adjuster screw. YZ cases??

After some investigation I think that they are 1976-79 YZ250 cases. Clutch cover fits various YZ's and IT's from 76-80 and 250-400cc. The cylinder base gasket is the same as a TY 250 74-77

Double check me but that is what I think

{ps I'm a parts manager at a Yamaha shop so I kind of cheated}

I bet that magneto cover would not fit on the inner cases of a YZ