Ajs In Trials

laird387

Hi,

Spare a thought at this time for Chris Bradley, who created this 410cc AJS way back in the late 1970's to ride in classic trials - and has remained faithful to his creation throughout the years since, gradually adding improvements, invariably engineered by himself, as he saw fit.

Chris is very poorly at this time, as indeed is another well-known AMC trials exponent, Len Hutty, of the South Midlands centre, who also created an enlarged trials model and remained a permanent Plumstead convert.

Chris was photographed by Barry Robinson - and is that Graham Howes checking his line through the hazard?

post-19290-0-44779200-1406219195_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Spare a thought at this time for Chris Bradley, who created this 410cc AJS way back in the late 1970's to ride in classic trials - and has remained faithful to his creation throughout they years since, gradually adding improvements, invariably engineered by himself, as he saw fit.

Chris is very poorly at this time, as indeed is another well-known AMC trials exponent, Len Hutty, of the South Midlands centre, who also created an enlarged trials model and remained a permanent Plumstead convert.

Chris was photographed by Barry Robinson - and is that Graham Howes checking his line through the hazard?

Yes Deryk,but even after watching I don't seem to remember the right way anymore !

• Like 1

Hi,

At one stage this is what you got if you bought an AJS model 16CS trials model. Very heavy alloy hubs and all.

When Bob Manns, as Sales Manager at Plumstead, suggested they could take all the expensive bits off and sell it for more money as a 'Works Replica' model, like the one Gordon Jackson had just won the Scottish on, dropping one solitary mark, the Financial Director just laughed at him and told him he was an idiot.......

Then they wondered why Bob left the industry in despair.

However - enjoy this picture, and salute the observer in this picture - Terry Wright's Dad, I suspect.

post-19290-0-86334200-1406451473_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Put me down for a copy please. ;)

Hi firedfromthecircus,

Sorry it will be a fair while before the book is published in printed format - but it is already being published in serialised form, with far more images than I will be able to afford in the printed version - and the first part is in ORRe-11 which will be on-line very shortly.

Enjoy.