Help Identifying Sherco (Pics)

sms005

Hello,

I'm new to the trials scene and considering picking up this bike. The ad states 2005 250, but a google image search turns up a lot of chrome framed bikes. I thought perhaps the gurus on here could help confirm the identity of this beast, and offer a little insight as to if it would be a good buy. Please excuse the blurry pictures. You'd think he was shooting bigfoot, jeez.

Thank you in advance!

$T2eC16NHJFoFH4L8ugN-BSZbOf!Usg~~48_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

I have not yet seen it in person. The guy lives about an hour away, and I'll be going to look at it tomorrow with the intention of bringing it home with me. I'm not too concerned if its a year newer or older than stated in the ad, I'd just like to know what I'm buying.

The asking price is $3400 (Canadian dollars) but I'm sure it could be had for 3 even. That seems to be a relatively good price.

Trials bikes are pretty scarce around here.

Hey, can't argue with newer :)

Is there an easy way to tell the displacement when inspecting the bike? Again, he has it listed as 250, but he said he's listing it for his brother and some of the info may not have been conveyed 100% accurately (obviously)

Hey, can't argue with newer :)

Is there an easy way to tell the displacement when inspecting the bike? Again, he has it listed as 250, but he said he's listing it for his brother and some of the info may not have been conveyed 100% accurately (obviously)

The frame number can tell you the year and cc

post-17924-0-41456200-1389995958_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I'm new to the trials scene and considering picking up this bike. The ad states 2005 250, but a google image search turns up a lot of chrome framed bikes. I thought perhaps the gurus on here could help confirm the identity of this beast, and offer a little insight as to if it would be a good buy. Please excuse the blurry pictures. You'd think he was shooting bigfoot, jeez.

Thank you in advance!

$T2eC16NHJFoFH4L8ugN-BSZbOf!Usg~~48_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

2007 had one...

lewis cosgrove dropping the knowledge in this thread.....

so, youre getting a 2007 bike for 2005 money? i never have that sort of luck. lets hope the seller doesnt read this thread lol

It's looking that way so far. Shhhh, mums the word ;)

The frame chassis number will tell you all

e.g. in the UK the 6th & 7th digits of the frame number indicate the model i.e. 29 being a 290, then there are two letters followed by the 10th digit being the year

6 being a 2006, 7 a 2007, 8 a 2008 and 9 being a 2009.

In late 2009 Shercos changed to the rear tank models.

Prior to 2006 the frames were chrome.

Loads of great info on this site - mostly posted by Copemech! Cheers Copey

Aslo well worth going to Splatshop http://www.splatshop...erco/frame.html

Edited by bishyfishy

Look at the back of the cases for engine size, will start with st25 for a 250 or st29 for a 290. Topend end is only difference between the 2 bikes so engine & frame numbers are only a guide to what it began life as

Edited by tony27