Beta Evo Bars Feel Low And Arms/hands Ache

stinkypete

Guys, has anyone replaced the bars or used risers on their Beta Evo? I've got a standard Beta Evo 2013 and find the bars low, a lot of my weight therefore seems to be forward and my arms/hands get pretty tired.

I've changed the footpegs to Titanium Raptor Pegs which maybe higher than the standard ones changing my riding position? I'm 5'8" tall so I'm not exactly tall, but get the feeling a slightly higher set of bars might feel more comfortable?

Any ideas, personal experiences re changing bars would be great, I know Renthal, S3 to name a couple do higher bars. Not sure what rise the standard ones are though?

I have a 2011 Beta Evo.

As far as I remember the standard bars are 4.5" rise. I'm 5'9" and changed mine for 5" rise bars having felt the same (Now very happy)

Jitsie do fat bars in 4.5", 5". 5.5" and 6" rise (around £70.00) Or you could go for Apico's fat bar riser kit ( around £25.00)

hope this helps.

Hi ,

I've got Jitsie fat bars on mine and they're great. Think they are about 6" rise.

Not sure you can use the riser kit because of the hinged bar clamp !

Thanks for that, how tall are you? I'm thinking maybe the 5.5" will be enough for me? I'm 5'8" the Reikon bars I have as standard I believe are between 4 & 4.5" so these will make a nice difference.

Here's another thing to consider. A lot of the aftermarket footpegs angle your body weight more toward the front of the bike. On many of them if you look at the surface where your foot rests you see that the back is higher in relation to the front. I had gone through several sets of pegs before I realized that for me, on a Beta, the best pegs are the ones that came with the bike. Yes, they're weaker than recycled soda cans, and yes they have um....marginal grip, but the angle and foot placement work better for me than anything else I've tried.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...