Talmag 2014

gautrek

Is anyone going to this. I have got a ride on my Panther this year. So I can show my self up in front of a crowd. It may be a bit beyond my limited skills. But you will never know unless you try.

Edited by gautrek

dont worry about the bike just wear warm clothes and take a good book to read why waiting at the section,

last year was realy a long wait due to the conditions the weather caused, had riders stoping in the sections

just stay patient and warm and you will enjoy it,so glad i did not enter this year,have fun

Well I have to confess I gave up after 3 sections of the second lap.Being knackered and soaking wet I can cope with,but by then I had no brakes at all,the sand and water had taken out both brakes.I wasn't worried about about the back brake,but most of those hills at the Talmag have sharp turns at the bottom - you need at least a working front brake.... Excellent trial though,and the best selection of proper bikes I've ever seen in one place. I'll go again next year,better prepared now I know the score.

Hi Guy's.

Hi Jon,

Not good when the weather is bad, is it, It is a shame about the date, You are only lucky to get one good Crisp January in five. so I am told.

"Best selection of Proper bikes" in one place Yes.

What we need is more trials like this throughout the year?? Don't you think?

Tell me this, what happens to the entry of these bikes for the rest of the year??? It always intreages me. Seems as a lot of them only do this one trial a year? bikes that is. am I wrong?

Regards Charlie :icon_salut: bsaotter.com "And Proper bikes".

I quite agree,I do everything I can think of to encourage pre unit and rigid bikes to come to Bath Classic trials,and we do get quite a few.But you are right,where do they go the rest of the year ? I wonder if some of the riders think that other classic trials might be too hard - or perhaps too easy ? I don't know,but there were some cracking bikes at the Talmag,good to know they are still around.I guess all we can do is to make riders as welcome as we can,and keep the sections sensible.