These Were Never Original, Were They ?

b40rt

Haven't seen them one any trials bike from 1979 to now as Factory standard ( at least for bikes that were delivered were I live ). Maybe some enhanced aftermarket bar, anyway the construction might be in someones eyes a superior solution, I still wonder to which he is referring, (likewise with 42!)

Can surly be, but probably not everywhere?

I took a quick look at the French Fantic pages, and there is one model fittet with this handle bar:

a 1983 125 model 237: http://www.fanticmot....fr/r02_f09.htm

The other models show the standard bars of the time era: http://www.fanticmotor.asso.fr/r02.htm

Anyway, every country has different road rules, the UK had once problems with plastic tanks,

in Germany well ... the road approval authority has problems with everything ... (extremly picky),

it wouldn't wonder me if Fantic just skipped getting a ABE for this handlebar back then and

mounted standard bars that were tested once for German import.

(ABE = Allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis = general operating permit)

I can look up my Trialsport Magazin issues from the eighties for reference, they tested every trials bike available in detail,

but only if someone is really interested, (does take time too look through around the peroid of 1980 - 85 = 60 issues).

Edited by pschrauber

Hi those type of bars were standard fitted from the factory on all fantics until around 1988 when the 303 /243 was launched , they had alloy domino bars on which fantic did until they went bust in 1998.Ive been asked a few times if I still had any,i just used to throw them away.If my memory is correct the SWM did have steel bars which was chromed and the cross bar was a small tube welded low down near the bar clamps .If you have the Bernie Schrieber book that's whats on his bike

and on the other works bikes.

• Like 1