What Bike To Buy Budget Of 3K

racer34

What bike to buy for 3k

Hi all coming back to trials again after a couple of years off due to the financial crisis

My last bike was a new beta evo 250 2010 model before that 07 4rt

I have a budget of 3k looking for either another evo or maybe a gasser 250 or if im a bit silly maybe over bike myself and buy a 300 your thoughts please on both bikes appreciated

A used 300 evo will be about double your budget here in the States. In your pricerange Sherco seems the best bargain, giving you a newer lightweight unit. But you never know what can pop up.

I started with a simular amount that I was willing to spend and soon found the pickings to be slim. Had to dig deeper in the wallet to get what I wanted. Good luck.

I had a GasGas 300 07 loved it then 250 11 not impress very snappy now 300 14 racing and its ultra smooth. I find the 300 GasGas to be softer and more grip than a 250.

Dont rule out larger engines but this depends on model year etc.

3k should get 013 well used or mint 012.

Thanks guys I'm in east Lancashire UK at the moment its proving to be a real nightmare trying to find a good bike

Couple of dealers have got 2011/12 evo300s some factory spec some normal could do with finding out how snappy they are whatever I buy it has to be in fantastic condition as I'm known for owning mint bikes gotta stay ahead in my bikes better than yours friendly banter

If you have any more thoughts I'm all ears

Thanks again

Racer

Thanks guys I'm in east Lancashire UK at the moment its proving to be a real nightmare trying to find a good bike

Couple of dealers have got 2011/12 evo300s some factory spec some normal could do with finding out how snappy they are whatever I buy it has to be in fantastic condition as I'm known for owning mint bikes gotta stay ahead in my bikes better than yours friendly banter

Thanks again

Racer

Tony

No matter what you get, Lee says he will still beat you at the camping weekend on his KTM !!

Just getting my retaliation in first !!

Phil

• Like 1

Thanks again

Racer

The Ossa would be the thinking mans choice ! Having owned Sherco Gassers n Betas - I had a ride on an Ossa recently and was blown away by just how good it was overall.

Smooth predictable linear power - be warned tho the mainstream 300's ( GG Beta Sherco ) tend to tire you in the arms after a couple of laps the Ossa doesnt do this.

Very well thought out layout- radiator and air filter will stay clean !! and all very easy to work on.

Ohlins rear shock comes STANDARD - there is no better shock than this - FACT.

But its trump card is that its fuel injection, starts easy no matter what the weather, and runs in a very predictable and enjoyable way.

Ive just come away from a Beta and whilst it was a good bike - the Ossa is so much better and has moved the game on, i suspect that the other manufacturers will have to play catch up now to Ossa.

You will get far more Ossa for £3k than any other bike at that price (dont think you'll get a factory for £3k though !)

Ossa has a cool bike factor about them too and they are the only manufacturer who is currently expanding manufacture.

I'd alway try buy from a reputable dealer as he will look after you and will only sell you something that he is confident in build a relationship with him and he will alway be there to help you and advise you - buy private and you take your chance !

Good luck and enjoy your venture back into trials !

Edited by scoobydo

• 2 weeks later...

hi scoobydo

just got my head totally turned by a 2012 ossa factory by a local dealer who i know and trust

been looking at other ossas and other makes and models but for some reason i cant get that factory ossa out of my head had a go on it and found the rear suspension to be amazing (rest of the bikes pretty good to)going to call him on thursday morning to try to sort a deal out

i think a lot of your reply made really good sense(thinking mans choice)as its trick and good value for money and not to many riding near me

i think its time to man up and get some money out

thanks again

Racer

hi scoobydo

just got my head totally turned by a 2012 ossa factory by a local dealer who i know and trust

been looking at other ossas and other makes and models but for some reason i cant get that factory ossa out of my head had a go on it and found the rear suspension to be amazing (rest of the bikes pretty good to)going to call him on thursday morning to try to sort a deal out

i think a lot of your reply made really good sense(thinking mans choice)as its trick and good value for money and not to many riding near me

i think its time to man up and get some money out

thanks again

Racer

I think you should go and spend your money on the Racing - PDQ! (the weekend is rapidly approaching and you need to get out on it !)

If it helps you I know of a Racing thats just sold for £3850 - they are a stand out bike with that carbon silencer................wouldnt mind one of those myself !

Good luck