Italjet Parts Wanted

ktm96duke

The second picture is the 1st trials bike I owned - great bike, lots of fun had on that one & it never let me down (I also made around 300% profit when I sold it after 2 years!) - perhaps it aint as good as a Fantic - perhaps that is a matter of opinion, and thats what everyone is entitled to but with the correct rider on board I am sure it could still embarass many riders of modern bikes.

The world would be a sad place if we all liked the same thing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it could still embarass many riders of modern bikes.

If you read the report on Mick Andrews, james in trials world its supposed to be "nothing special" so most off it's got to be down to the rider :wall:

Just means theres little hope for me. :o

:o  service/owners manuals,sprockets,tanks,seats,any plastic.gasket sets,rings,pistons,airbox,carb boot to airbox.,rubber piece for chain tensioner,exhaust system. yes- i will stay with these non wanted bikes. i am serious as well. can't go the easy route every time-someone has to ride the "bad" bikes too! thanks for replying! JP  :wall:

In case you are still looking, there is a white Italjet 250 for sale in Australia. It has just been listed on the Australian Trials website.

www.trials.com.au

I never claimed to be smart Tim. :wall: I saw french writing and just ass-umed. Anyone who races vintage mx every weekend and tries to ride expert trials is not the sharpest guy around. I shipped the Italjet 350 to our friend KTM Duke so he can play with it starting next friday. I hope to see some pictures so we can enjoy the fruits of his enthusiasm for Italjets. I am already getting antsy for riding and it's only been a week. I am never going to make it six weeks without riding a motorcycle. The Garelli is already mocking me in Italian for breaking my foot on a Suzuki. Jay L.

I never claimed to be smart Tim. :wall: I saw french writing and just ass-umed. Anyone who races vintage mx every weekend and tries to ride expert trials is not the sharpest guy around. I shipped the Italjet 350 to our friend KTM Duke so he can play with it starting next friday. I hope to see some pictures so we can enjoy the fruits of his enthusiasm for Italjets. I am already getting antsy for riding and it's only been a week. I am never going to make it six weeks without riding a motorcycle. The Garelli is already mocking me in Italian for breaking my foot on a Suzuki. Jay L.

Jay, anyone who can afford our sport must be reasonably bright!

It's great to see people keen to continue the tradition of the sport too. And that's for both you and KTM96DUKE.

BTW credit to Rossi for his "flag" on Sunday. "Sorry Mike".

• 4 weeks later...

Well since no one has posted on this topic for weeks I am starting to wonder what's up back there in PA with the Italjet crowd. :D I figure KTM96DUKE has had the bike in his mits for almost five weeks and not a word. Maybe he has fallen off the face of the earth? Maybe his enthusiasm is already diverted to another obscure sport such as billiards or foos-ball. Jay :lol:

yep-i'm still alive. i've just gone through the most insane nightmare move to a new house-i've been without internet for almost a month,stuff still in boxes-new garage looks like 50 tons of motorcycle stuff fell from outerspace..and so on.haven't had a chance to even think about the italjet! i've been so jammed up that i haven't even picked up the one you sent me jay! (very kind people at forward air!!!!). so-i haven't forgotten or been ignoring-just swamped! jay- contact me so i can get together with you on details about the bike. plus-i found another bike in canada that i'm having shipped in pieces next week!-well better get to clearing a spot (big one!) for this ensuing project! JP :blink:

JP: Sounds like you are having an awesome time moving. :blink: I am so not jealous of you right now. Glad to hear you are still out there getting ready to start on some cool Italjet projects. Keep us posted if there are any new developments. I will contact you soon at your daytime phone #. Jay

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY!!!!! i picked up the bike Jay sent me-what a pleasant suprise! overall it's 10 times better than the "nice" bike i got on the 'bay!(more proof that you can't go by pictures alone!) wasn't happy with the carb set up on it-so i slipped on a dellorto that i tricked out.-man what a fun bike!instant wheelies and even a couple "stoppies" with the beat brake cable and worn shoes!and much to my suprise-this bike shifts super smooth as well. i've been fabricating/modifying/obtaining parts for the first bike-but it looks like this second one will get it all. my goal is to get the weight down to about 195lbs with no gas.listed weight is 215lbs-so i have my work cut out. you know it's bad when you're trying to figure out how many holes you can put in a cable adjuster lock ring! hoping to have it ready to compete early october at a vintage trials event.a huge thanks goes out to Jay for selling me this bike.now i'm totally commited! Jay-email me a number to get a hold of you-the daytime number i gave you for me is no longer good. :(:):huh:;):wall::wall::(

Edited by KTM96DUKE

JP: I so glad to hear you are happy with the bike! I'm also amazed to hear it shifts so smoothly. I was told by the guy I bought it from that it only had first and second. This summer our trials riding exchange student from Idaho, worked on it quite a bit and made it into the running bike you received. He fabricated the alloy seat base and fitted the Hodaka Road Toad rear fender which looks surprisingly good on there I thought. Also he said he changed the trans. oil which it desperately needed. He said it reqd. 2.2 qts (looked up on the internet) which would lead me to assume having the right amount of clean fluid in it caused the shifter parts to suddenly come loose and start to work. Perhaps it had been rusted in there somehow, which bound up the shift drum or something. That is great news! I know it ran well and sounded like a nice solid engine. Between the two bikes I bet there is enough to make one sweet Italjet. Jubal did a very nice job of re bending the sidestand to fit perfectly and modified the Maico Spider kickstarter to work alot better than no kickstarter. He spent two full days working on this bike to make it rideable. The gas tank repair is horribly ugly but it holds gas anyway. Sure would be cool to fab. up an alloy tank for these bikes. Seems like originals are un obtainium. Maybe you can stop beating your head against the wall now. :(