Keihin On 2011 290

moller40

When you put a Keihin PKW 28 on a Sherco 290 2011, the choke knob cannot be activated, since it hits the CDI-unit. To solve this, I have moved the CDI upwards, found an angle where I can use the choke and still get the filter housing to sit right and with the Keihin in a somewhat vertical position at the same time. Don't forget to attach the CDI grund wire!

Made a plastic wedge with the right angle fit between the CDI and the small cross bar in the frame and tied the CDI upwards and forwards with plastic cords, and now it is firmly in place. The Keihin is there, and you can use the choke with a 2 mm gap when activated between the choke knob and the CDI.

If you the fit a Jitsie air filter, well oiled and firmly in contact with the filter case all the way around, it actually works without getting debris into the carb. Bin running with this for three months now absolutely stress free, havent even cleaned the carb befor now. Starts first time and shoots like an arrow -)

See pictures attached, may look a bit odd, but it works…

post-19120-0-74830600-1391009583_thumb.jpg

post-19120-0-29513600-1391009620_thumb.jpg

Regards from a snowy DK...

No, but since your frame is yellow, it must be from 2013 or newer. It's only a problem on the 2011-model (maybe on 10 too, I don't know). On the 12 onwards Sherco fitted another inlet and a different air filter + housing.

Regards...

The 2012 on bike has the Hidria ignition with the box mounted in a different place so not an issue.

Mine is running a factory version of the Leonelli cdi in the same place and it's the same size as the standard 2011 one.

It was the same when I had an old 2011 airbox and inlet fitted also.

My frame was done yellow after I repaired the cracks and reinforced it.

It's 2011/2012 spec, a factory Bitsa so to speak.