Bvm Stroud

alexlowe

Hi, I have been looking at the forum for a while now, bought a bike and entered a couple of trials but this is my first post for which I hope is not an unfortunate subject. I live in Gloucestershire and the local dealer that has been around for many years, BVM have posted on their on-line shop that the 'site is down for maintenance' for a week now and they also don't answer the phone. Does anyone know their position?

That's very bad news, used them for years and they always gave top class service. I ordered new boots and helmet 2 days before xmas this year and got them special delivery on xmas eve, they were very helpful indeed. I hope the company is purchased as an ongoing concern as all of the staff know there stuff and go beyond 'normal' customer service.

Can anyone confirm if its a creditors liquidation (belly up) or a members liquidation (owner liquidates the company, repays the creditors and pockets the balance)?

Unfortunately, it sounds like creditors, but its not 100% clear and an important distinction in terms of people getting their money back.

I hope all the staff find alternative employment very soon!

Very sad to hear this, I can only echo the above views about the staff, excellent service, go above and beyond to help the customer. My brother and I have known and shopped with them over many years on and off, it will be a great shame, to not be able to deal with them anymore. I can only hope all the staff can find other work, or hope that someone might buy up the business and keep it going and maybe the staff will find jobs back at the old shop.

To all the BVM staff, thank you for your friendly and excellent customer service in the past, good luck for the future.

Many thanks, Paul & Andy.

Edited by shedracer
  • Like 3

I have dealt with them on and off for nigh on 30 years, in person and by post

Buying bikes from them has been excellent, everything said and promised, was carried out on collection (despite living in Yorkshire and being miles from them) - they were good and honest people and I had high regard for Mark Kemp and his staff

A very,very sad day, for all of us and not withstanding all the staff at BVM

Another great name and dealer gone from the Trials world

I shall sport my BVM Moto stickers, with pride on my bike

Edited by johnnyboxer

There was a time when BVM sold more trials bikes than any other shop in the UK in addition to being a BMW dealer. If they are finding it too hard to continue then things are grim.

I've bought numerous new bikes from them over the past 20 years (too many if I am honest,) it will be strange not having them there.

Thank you Mark Kemp and all at BVM, good luck for the future.

Pete

• Like 1