No More 260 Race Reps Until 2015

jj65

Apparently there will no more 260 race reps for model year 2014, if you want one you'll have to wait for 2015. They've sold out and apparently the uk isn't getting anymore, so if you want a 260, you'll have to have the standard one. I know of a couple of people who have been waiting quite a while for one and were expecting to get them in march/April and are rather miffed about it.

Maybe someone from Honda could verify this to all it customers waiting,

It appears that American Honda must have imported the lot. See the other post "IT's about time"...

My friend contacted American Honda, special order priced at $8990.

Told to contact local dealer to order.

Edited by sideup

It appears that American Honda must have imported the lot. See the other post "IT's about time"...

My friend contacted American Honda, special order priced at $8990.

Told to contact local dealer to order.

Does anyone know roughly how much cheaper the 4t is than the repisol also does the reprsol have besides carbon fiber and showa

Me and my mate ordered in October and they still saying we are having them.

I think if you are waiting for a repsol from one of the 3 official dealers in the uk you may be disappointed, why have you waited so long?

I know they have been available for months now?

Edited by nigel dabster

I think if you are waiting for a repsol from one of the 3 official dealers in the uk you may be disappointed, why have you waited so long?

I know they have been available for months now?

Most likely because, Honda Montesa underestimated the demand for the Repsol Replica, expected more of the standard bikes to be sold. So when ordering parts to build the Repsol bikes, they didn't order enough to meet demand. My dealer told me that the Showa suspension had a five month lead time from the Showa factory (how true that is, we will never know). But also as the Repsol only model, is now being sold in the States, that may well have also had an impact on availability.

Does anyone know roughly how much cheaper the 4t is than the repisol also does the reprsol have besides carbon fiber and showa

Standard bike is £1100 cheaper than the Race Rep. Race Rep has Showa forks and Rear Shock, DID wheels, S3 Hardrock alloy footrest, Renthal handlebars and bar pad, domino grips, Repsol headlight, carbon clutch cover, carbon silencer cover, carbon header cover, carbon fork brace and carbon fork guards. You also get the S3 steel foot rests and plastic silencer cover.

.... Race Rep has Showa forks and Rear Shock, DID wheels, S3 Hardrock alloy footrest, Renthal handlebars and bar pad, domino grips, Repsol headlight, carbon clutch cover, carbon silencer cover, carbon header cover, carbon fork brace and carbon fork guards. ....

The Race Replica also has Michelin tires, Standard has Dunlops.

Most likely because, Honda Montesa underestimated the demand for the Repsol Replica, expected more of the standard bikes to be sold. So when ordering parts to build the Repsol bikes, they didn't order enough to meet demand. My dealer told me that the Showa suspension had a five month lead time from the Showa factory (how true that is, we will never know). But also as the Repsol only model, is now being sold in the States, that may well have also had an impact on availability.

Rubbish.

He is telling you porkies, the repsols have been available in Europe for the past few months. Official dealers cant get them if Honda uk don't have them.

Rubbish.

He is telling you porkies, the repsols have been available in Europe for the past few months. Official dealers cant get them if Honda uk don't have them.

Nigel we know they have been available since October, but your talking about grey imports, we are talking about official Honda UK bikes. If someone want to buy a grey import, great, go ahead, no problem with that, but what the start of the thread is implying, is there will be no more Repsol's for Honda UK, as they have sold out. If there are bikes in other markets or grey import bikes available, if you still want one, then that's maybe the way to go, but not everybody wants to go that route.

I would be surprised if US sales account for more than 20 or 30 bikes...its just not happening here

The official importer is still saying we are gonna get them, but if the beta factory is out first I will have one of them.

Good luck betabonkers, you've been very patient since ordering back in October, so hope you get your bike soon, which ever one it might be.