Ty Mono Fork Disassembly

dicky d

HELP

Am I loosing my mind ??

I have read every entry regarding striping down the forks on my ty 250 drum brake mono, the allen bolt came out quite easy as did the damper rod and all the internals so I am left with the stanchion and the outer slider, I have removed the dust cap, circlip and all the parts that are visible but CANNOT separate the slider from the stanchion.

I have tried a few gentle taps and a few harder taps and even lots of really f*&$"*ing hard taps and still cannot seperate the stanchion from the slider, can any body help me before I end breaking something

Put the forks back into the yoke and tighten one clamp

Hold bottom of fork, push up to top of travel then pull down hard and fast

You might need to do this a few times but this will separate your fork assembly.

(the above assumes you have already drained fork and removed spring)

Graham

These can be real b-----s to shift.

My method was to leave the fork tubes fully fastened in both yokes.

Drain fluid and remove bottom allen bolts, mudguard and bracket etc.

Replace front wheel spindle Put block of wood on top of spindle and longer piece under bottom yoke

Between the 2 pieces of wood use a jack and carefully press the fork sliders off

• Like 1

Hi Guys

What a difficult job getting those forks apart but I managed it with the forks back in the yokes and a small scissor jack and a couple of pieces of wood under the yoke and on top of the slider, it took a couple of turns of the forks but they separated eventually,

Thanks to those people who posted replies.

Dicky d