Vivaro Primastar Traffic

nelly1

anybody using one are they any good ive heard the gearboxes are weak i was also wondering if i could fit 3 bikes in a lwb crew cab any opinions would be appreciated my transit got written off by a micra on the m6 on saturday

Ive got a swb Vivaro after having a swb Traffic before.

Yes, it will take 3 bikes no problem. Ive had 6 in mine without the front wheels in , but i wouldnt recommend that many.

Ive racked up high mileages on both and i havent had any gearbox problems although ive heard of them happening. Youve just got to be gentle with it. You get people just jerking and forcing it into gear and then surprised when the linkage goes. Its only the external linkage nothing inside.

They are very reliable.

Ive had no gearbox problems.

One steering / suspension arms wears and needs replacing every third mot , but they are only £100 fitted for both sides.

My 1.9 turbo has more then enough go and gets about 45 MPG empty and 35 MPG full.

The rear door handles need respect - dont just yank at them .

Would i buy another - yes

just turned 100k in mine..

it does 40mpg

eats motorway miles

cheapest tyres last about 20

repairs

1 clutch

couple of pairs of windscreen wipers

2sets front pads

1set rear pads

1 main fuel pump

pair rear wheel bearings

THE ELECTRICS ARE CACK

rainwater leaks into the cab

the rear door alarm sensor is pants.

THE ELECTRICS ARE CACK

yes i would have another.. its earnt its way and in 10 years its done 100k been used as a mobile tool shed and bike transport i d probably get 2k for it today and i paid 11k .. cheap motoring

I bought one last year 04 trafic 90000 miles one owner full service history only had light work thought I was onto a winner , couldnt fail three months later one gearbox rebuild, a turbo boost sensorand 2 crank sensors later and about £1000 light I cut my losses and bought a vito .ill never buy french again

I've got a 2006 Vivaro 2700 CDTI 1900 diesel which is the LWB crew cab. Regularly carry 3 trials bikes, could maybe get 4 in but not wanting to run the risk of foot rests damaging each other bikes.

I've replaced a ball joint on mine for its Mot but apart from that it's great.

Drives like a car, excellent mpg, 6 speed keeps the revs / cost down.

I've read all the horror stories regarding gearboxes but mine has been spot on.

I wanted a vito for years, finally got one but the rear diff went noisy within a week and within a couple of weeks the garage got sick of trying to fix it and gave me a refund. Bought a trafic next and prefer the trafic to drive plus better mpg. Its has had a clutch but other than that its been ok and I'm now up to 80k

I wanted a vito for years, finally got one but the rear diff went noisy within a week and within a couple of weeks the garage got sick of trying to fix it and gave me a refund. Bought a trafic next and prefer the trafic to drive plus better mpg. Its has had a clutch but other than that its been ok and I'm now up to 80k

Ive had seven vitos two over 100k,never had a diff whine yet, think you were unlucky.