Boyesen Power Reeds

paulmac

Hi all

Hoping someone can give me some advice.

I have bought a set of power reeds for my 2013 Gas Gas TXT Pro 280 (Dellorto carb). Product code 6TR123

The label on the pack say's RAGA (which of course has a Keihin carburettor) product 6TR123

Boyesen's website suggest I should have bought 6TR121

Are the reeds the same? or do I have the wrong ones.

Thanks in advance

Paul Mac

Raga & std reed fit is the same. Boyesen used to list one reed fitment for all GG trials both Pro & earlier lumps....

Now they have a whole heap of different part numbers, but........they are the same reed!

However they did update the reed shape.

• Like 1

Hi lowbrow - unfortunately the bike 'lives' 2 hours drive away - just trying to save myself two trips :)

Hi hrc1 - that's super cool news - many thanks for taking the time and trouble to take and post a pic - awesome.

Cheers all

Paul Mac

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I’d just let you know how the installation went and the results in its first competition on Sunday. – hope this helps any other would be users. Installation is simple enough – hrc 1 – they are the new ‘2012’ shape. One thing I wasn’t expecting was I had to remove the exhaust to get to the inside reed cage bolts cleanly. Bike on stand and chocked the from and rear wheels since the back box is located on the top shocker bolt. Bit of a pain lining everything up but got it right in the end. I’m running 98 octane fuel at 85-1 with fully synthetic Putoline and an iridium plug gapped at 0.6 mm. Timing as standard. Needed to drop down two sizes on the main jet ( 120 down to 118) and air screw in form where I had it by between a quarter and a half turn. Needle is standard in the mid position. I have to say they perform exactly as it ‘says on the tin’... definitely sharper off the bottom – had me caught out a couple of times early on when I arrived over the top of a step a bit quicker than I expected. Mid-range was clean and sharp and power delivery very smooth through the first 3/4 of of throttle movement - didn’t have any ‘full chat’ sections to try the top end out and the course was ‘man made’ arena type so no long high gear runs. So Dabster you were on the money when you said had to better than the standard IMHO they are heaps better. Paul Mac

Edited by paulmac

received this reply from Boyesen yesterday... thanks again hrc1

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Boyesen reeds. At this time, the Boyesen reeds, part # 6TR123 and part # 6TR121 are the same exact reeds. We have assigned different part numbers to these reeds, in case there are changes necessary in the future.

With best regards,

Boyesen Engineering
8 Rhoades Road
Lenhartsville, PA 19534

USA
tel # 610-756-6818 / 800-441-1177
fax # 610-756-4102
E-mail: info@boyesen.com