Montesa 315R 2000 Clutch Problem

stoker

I'm new to Trials and recently bought a 315r. Got home, fired her up put the clutch in and the bike stalled.

I've since read that this is a common problem and I should wait until the bike is at running temperature, however I didn't at the time. So.... I bled the clutch. Once bled there was no pressure on the clutch lever. Drained all the fluid out again and now I can't get it to bleed!!

Anyone provide me with some advice. I'm planning to strip the clutch out at the weekend, but I'm hoping someone can give me some advice to save the hassle.

Thanks

Stoker

hi Stoker

you need to back bleed the clutch from the slave cylinder using a syringe & a piece of tubing

fill syringe with fluid, attach tube (fuel pipe or something of a similar fit) tap out all air bubbles, attach to slave cylinder, open nut (as well as the cover on the master cylinder) & gently pust fluid up the system using syringe, stop when fluid reaches the master cylinder & there are no air bubbles

seem to remember using elf engine oil, raceline dimpled clutch plates & haven fibre clutch plates on my 99 & it worked a treat

Lee

bit late now.but if you had just started bike,push with legs upto 3 mph,pull In clutch put in gear ride along in second hit rear brake clutch now fixed.

never empty fluid,if replacing fluid use tissue to empty master put in new fluid then pump through until clean comes out.

right now to fix problem,loosen master cylinder bolt with fluid in reservoir 1 pump on lever tighten bolt repeat this will bleed master cylinder.now to bleed other end.pump lever 3 times hold lever in loosen nipple and tighten while lever in.repeat until bleed.sorted.now do first thing I said.you dont need to strip clutch

change oil in gearbox every 3 trials using good oil,i would use mobile one oil.if any one comes on and says other wise don't listen,im a motorcycle mechanic..