Free Trials Training Youtube Clips

sherconoob

A tip: When you are teaching a rider to do a “Pivot Turn” is it VERY important that when they put their foot down to turn on they should place or point the foot placed down at the angle or direction that they are turning to.

Why, just look at the example in the video showing the Pivot Turn, the guys foot and ankle is all twisted and as he put the pivot foot down in the straight on direction of the bike before the pivot turn.

That is hard on your knee and ankle as you are twisting them as you turn. Their foot is planted down so all the twisting forces are placed on the knee and ankle joints.

If the foot is placed down initially in the direction of the turn it also saves you from lifting it placing it down again for another point or five. The turn is so much smoother and fluid if you place the foot down in the direction of the turn. Once you do the pivot turn this way both feet are pointed in the direction you are headed (one on the foot peg and the one on the ground)and makes it easier to take off especially if there is a rock there.

in the angle or direction you are trying to turn and take off in.

Some guys even put the foot down and pivot on their heel bone but that is too easily mistaken

by a judge as one or two dabs as the front of the foot comes off the ground while the heel is on the ground with the riders front part of the foot going back down to the ground,

Best to just plant it down the first time solidly in the direction of the turn.

Try it for yourself and you will see what I mean.

Cheers

Edited by billyt
  • Like 2

A tip: When you are teaching a rider to do a “Pivot Turn” is it VERY important that when they put their foot down to turn on they should place or point the foot placed down at the angle or direction that they are turning to.

thanks for the tip, i've put an annotation in the video. i know my middle-aged knees appreciate the info!

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...