Whitehawk 200

scorpa250

It's debatable whether they are any advantage these days - with modern soft linings which can be oversize, then machined down to fit the hub better, brakes are better than they were back in twinshock days

I still had perfect working brakes on my Ossa yesterday at the end of the trial which included several sections in streams.

• Like 1

Hi, sorry to hi-jack the thread but here is a picture of my Whitehawk. It has a TY mono front end. Ian Pederby built up most of this bike for me last year and it is a credit to his workmanship!

I can't comment on the twin leading shoe set up, but all I can say is that the TY mono front brake is more than adequate for my limited ability. I also like the fact that you don't see too many around. Mine is still a 175 by the way, all be it with a few mods here and there, porting, etc.post-14014-0-97778900-1393892893_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yamaha it 175 wheel ,Yz 250 brake plate no mods needed fitted straight into ty mono forks

Nice looking bike, think I have most of the parts to do the same to the front of my bike.

What are the yokes off because I like the idea of the vertical handlebar mounts rather than the laid back type fitted standard to TYs

The brake plate would be the hardest part to find after looking at the forks, it would only be from a YZ/IT465 or YZ250H & 83/84 YZ125K/L. I own a 81 YZ465H & the 490s & 82 onwards lugs are at 90deg to the fork leg unlike the 465 & TY forks

Hi Tony27,

The yolks are standard 175 bored to take bigger forks and the clamps cut off and welded in the upright position. I think a just got lucky with the brake plate found it in a box of bits at Telford show the other day for a Tenner !!!

Hi Spawtydawg , It was converted from new , It was only a two owner bike when I got it .It was still on the original shoes and whitehawk chain pad was still fitted .Yea I have had a 200 Whitehawk before and they do go a lot better ,I have just started a refurb on a late Majesty 175 I will keep as a 175 with a few mods

Regards

• 4 years later...
Hi  
A little help please.
IT175 1978 to 1981 the front wheel hub part number 1K7-25111-10-98 and had a casting  number inside hub of 1K710
IT175 1982 to 1983 the front wheel hub part number 23X-25111-00-98 and had a casting number inside the hub of 23X00
They both used the same brake shoes but there maybe other differences; which one have you got fitted on your Whitehawk
Next time you have the front wheel out could you possible check which one it is and post it on this site.

Great looking bike mate.