Whitehawk 200

scorpa250

BEAUTIFUL Bike !!!! What year range YZ 250 front hub ??? (I'm thinking a certain 240 pro might like that ...) And if it's not to much of a pain , what is the ID of the front hub ? (brake drum ) if you remember .

Thanks ,

Glenn

• Like 1

There are different rules for twinshock trials bike eligibility in different parts of the world. TLS brakes lie in a grey area in our part of the world for trials, because the only common dirt bikes that had them back in 1982, were MX and enduro bikes that also had monoshock rear suspension, and some people consider that any parts from a bike that was originally a monoshock, should not be allowed in Twinshock Trials. Luckily we are a laid-back lot and don't really care much what forks or brakes are on a Twinshock trials bike, and the rules are suitably vague, so there has not been a protest that I know of.

Nice looking bike by the way, especially the graphics and finish on the fuel tank. Also thanks for showing the brake pedal. My Whitlock TY175 frame came without a brake pedal and I am planning to make one that looks correct. What is that kickstart lever off? I'm guessing Yamaha WR200?

Edited by feetupfun

Hi Thanks for your coments, The kickstart is off a YZ80 with a ty175 lower part fits straight on with only a small amount of work to relocate the hole for the ball bearing. The rubber cover is off a yz 125 G ?? I got it at Telford show on a Yamaha parts stand but the part was not in a bag so no part number.

Edited by scorpa250

No-one is going to worry about a TLS brake. There are no rules excluding them anyway, it's a drum brake and a period mod, available on a YZ from '81 I think.

Nice bebuild to a nice looking bike - I sincerely hope that you're going to get it absolutely caked in crap at your Miller round.

i had a ride recently on Ian Pederby's 200 Whitehawk, same model as yours I think and also has Yam mono forks. It's set up really, really well, as he's spent years sorting it. Rode superbly, a really nice bike.

All parts are off bikes that was about in 1982 when the whitehawk was new so why wouldn't it be ok ???

Just asking as the bike would be "illegal" in our centre and I think, stand to be corrected of course, that most of the National Classic Championships are the same. Your centre is probably different but worth checking that's all I meant :popcorn:

Edit : Just reread the Normandale regs and all it says is drum brake and hubs silhouette so depending on your interpretation of silhouette sounds like as Woody says should be ok. Still think it would be frowned on in our centre but as you are in Wiltshire you know the local clubs better than me so enjoy the fruits of your labours you have made a nice job of it. Good luck :icon_salut:

Edited by old trials fanatic