Hi - New Member With Another Bultaco Question ?

badgert4

I'd have thought any modern gearbox oil would do the job, such as Silkolene or other manufacturer's equivalent. 600cc

As it is separate from the clutch you don't have to consider the affect of the oil on the clutch action, so whether you used say, Silkolene light, medium or heavy, I doubt there would be any difference

I use Silkolebe light in mine with no issues

If you still have a steel clutch, use ATF in the clutch. 300cc

If you have fibre plates, you can still use ATF but not sure if light gearbox oil would be better. I still use ATF and I have Barnett plates.

Personally, I favour the Castrol oil over Silkolene as Silkolene used to gum up the exhaust with its oily residue whereas the Castrol (now called Power 1 I think) is much cleaner. For the rings as well.

I run at 50:1 but as said, it's personal choice and you'll get varied answers. I'd say anything between 40 and 60:1 is ok, most I know use 50.

I've got fiber plates in the clutch of my T350 (type159), and use light gear oil ( ELF HTX 740 or GRO Gear Extreme 75W) works perfect.

In the gearbox I use SAE 80W90. Bultaco manual prescribes SAE 90. The 80W90 performs better in summer and winter. Also the thicker gear oil reduces the noise from the gearbox a little bit.

I've tried a fuel mixture of 70:1 and the Bultaco didn't seem to mind it, but to be on the safe side, I now use 50:1 (Manual says 20:1 but two stroke oils are much better these days)

i use 80/90W works well.also i mix my fuel 40-1 and 50-1 as woody says its your own choice you wont go fare wrong with these ratios. castrol power 1 is good and ipone strawberry and putoline MX5.

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember asking a lad about what mix he used and he just said 20 to one real quick and rode off. I watched him

at a refuel some time later and he put un mixed fuel in the tank then opened a new two stroke oil and just tipped some in with out even checking what he had tipped in he was off again. LOL.

• Like 1

I can remember asking a lad about what mix he used and he just said 20 to one real quick and rode off. I watched him

at a refuel some time later and he put un mixed fuel in the tank then opened a new two stroke oil and just tipped some in with out even checking what he had tipped in he was off again. LOL.

Reminds me to the old days when there was a synthetic two stroke oil made under the Bultacos brand name available which could be used up to 1:100! It worked very well, now I use something between 1:70 - 1:75 as gasoline has got worse.

Bedienungsanleitung+Sherpa.jpg

• Like 2